CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 18, 2006

My Birthday is almost here......

I forgot to tell everyone a few things, last time, so I am updating again. Ryan and I have been sharing a car for over a year now, and since I will be student teaching and Ryan got a new job, we can finally afford a second car. I got a Saturn Ion 1, similar to the photo above. (Again, I asked for a camera for christmas, so then there will be tons of pictures). It is a 2003, from a lady that grew up in LaGrande, and knows Kylene's family. Isn't that a small world. She is also a teacher. She bought it from a friend (she lives in a retirement apartment) who found love on the internet and moved to Florida. She just bought it to help her friend out, and then sold it to me. It has 34,000 miles on it, and was a good deal. Ryan and I are finished with finals, and I am frantically working on Christmas presents for the family. (Gifts of love...) I will share what they are after Christmas for obvious reasons. I am getting very excited because they are turning out really good, but they are VERY VERY time consuming. So far I have to A's, and I am really rooting for straight A's this semester. That will put me on the Dean's List for four semester's in a row. (Not to toot my own horn or anything). Ryan fared pretty well this semsester too, and he only has 3 more to go, then helicopter school.
I thought this sign was funny. I added it for more pictures really. I have been offered to have my work shown in someone's private business. They feature an artist a month, and she would like to feature me. After Christmas I have to put a collection together. I think my theme for the collection is going to be "Faith". One of my pieces I am going to go around the community and have them write what they think the definition of faith is, and then decopouge it to the canvas. I am very excited about this opportunity, it is like my big break. Million dollars here I come. Maybe. I have also been invited to join a group of art majors to Japan for 2 weeks in the summer. This I am considering. I would love to go, but I have to make sure I can get finiancial aid for it. I am meeting with the professor in charge over the Christmas break. A lot of excitement going on in my artist career.
One sad note, apparently I updated to Blogger Beta and now people are having a hard time making comments. I LOVE comments and usually only get them from Brook and Amber, so it kind of is a bummer.
Now back to happier things:
Merry Christmas.