CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 30, 2007

Finally an update.

I have been procrastinating updating my blog because:
1. I don't really have anything exciting to say.
2. I have been really busy.
3. My batteries on the camera died. This is why you only get to little pictures.

Anyway, I have begun the final count down on graduating. I have nine days of school left, and I graduate on the 12 th of May. After much thought, and discussion with Ryan I have also decided to continue with my education. I am debating still between Pharmacy school and Art Therapy. Either way, I will have to take a few prerequisits next semester, so I will work full time with a night class or something while Ryan goes to helicopter school.

At school, I am getting ready for an art show for the students. It started out something I only wanted the students to see, and now apparently I am suppose to write a letter to parents, and some people from the district are coming. This is great, as long as I have a nice show. I have a lot of work to do for it too. This is one of my favorite projects I have had the students do. It is a project inspired by the artist James Audobon. I told the students about his work, and then we drew the birds the first week with oil pastels. The next week we talked about foreground, middle ground and background as well as environments. The students had to look at thier bird and determine where they live. Then we made these pop up books. They all are so amazing. This is a second grade class. This boy's bird lived in the cliffs in the forest, and had three little babies in the nest. I think it is awesome.
One exciting piece of information, that probably I am the only one excited about is that my favorite author S.E. Hinton (she wrote The Outsiders) has come out with a new book Hawkes Harbor. I actually bought the book. I don't usually do that, but she is my favorite. So far it is pretty good, but I forgot she uses a few choice words in her books.

Kula has been doing really good. He is learning his commands and can sit and come when he is called. He is a little slower at the potty training then we like, but other then that he is a great little puppy. Today Ryan took him for a long walk and then swimming in the river. Kula liked that for a little while, but then the river gets to cold. Afterward, they came home and Kula snuggled to Ryan on the floor. He is growing fast, but still loves to snuggle.

Ryan has put in his thirty day notice for the paper route, and he will been done on the 18th. I am excited for him because between the paper route, work, school and the puppy I think he is getting a little tuckered out. It will be nice when he can sleep in, or we can go camping, and Ryan will finally have a weekend. He is a good husband and a great supporter for our family. I love him very much!

1 comments:

Anonymous

Aww..Kula is so cute! I'm upset I missed my chance to babysit him. Thats really exciting your graduating this month. Lucky. Well Jade's kitten really likes to play with her teeth and claws so you will probably just have another cat to add to your bad experiences. ha. But that would be cool if you came and checked out my apartment sometime.