CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 11, 2007

Congratulations to me!!

I did it! After a long, very hard road, I have finally recieved my bachelor's degree! I am celebrating by going on a boat ride down the snake river to look for bird's of prey. My mom sent these flowers to me at school. I was really excited about that. How fun. My last week at Highlands I had a little art show for the school.This was the third grade class, we did the city of Boise. Each student got to pick what to build and then we placed it kind of by where it would be. Nothing is to scale. Ryan helped to make the Boise Hawk's Baseball field and it was a huge hit at the show. The building in the middle is the capital. Notice the toliet paper roll, it is the cannon.This is an abstract set of keys. My first grade did these, they are all really cool. We used what's called Arti Stick. It is window paint, and the kids loved it. This was the "if I were a door" project. Students had to think about what kind of doors they would be and then make them in clay. They also had to write about it. This one was a door for stinky giants. You had to have a code to get through it: 1-8-5-10-99 and if you put in the code and you were not a stinky giant then you would fall through the trapped door. I also had fairy doors, beehive doors for bees, etc. This was second grade. This was another huge hit and was also the third grade. We talked about culture and what we would show people from other countries if they came to Boise, and then to Highlands. We then walked around the classroom and playground to gather things to represent our culture at Highlands. Students loved to put in water for the drinking fountain, grass for the soccer field, dirt for the playground, and rocks for the asphalt. These were really cool, and the students loved doing something that was different from what they had done before. I had fun, but now I am done!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous

Congratulations Caitlin! You are so lucky to finally be done!! Good luck to you and Ryan in whatever you choose to do!!

kc and k

CONGRATULATIONS ON GRADUATING, YEAH!!!!

The kids art work is very interesting!--I bet they'll miss you.

kelsey

Hurray and congrats!