CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Zion Vacation

Ryan and I tagged along to our family vacation to Zion National Park. I have to admit, I had my doubts about the trip, being how Ryan and I are poor, and I am not really into the red rock thing. After a full day at the resort, my mind was changed. Ryan and I went mountain biking, Ryan went a little further then I did. Most of us kids went swimming and we tried our the slide at the pool. While at first glance it looks sort of like a boring type of slide, it was really fun. That night was the barn dance that mom, Amber, Kylene, Brook and I all participated in. Let's just say, I won't be trying our for So you think you can dance any time soon. The next day we went to the Narrows. Ryan went with dad and Clay and while mom and I rode down with Brook, Kylee and Michael, we went on our own hike and had a lot of fun, despite the fact that I got too much soon and threw up all night. The next morning, Ryan, Clay, Brook, Kylene, My mom, yes my Mom, and I all did the zip line. I really wanted to chicken out, but mom actually did it first, so then I knew I was screwed. I didn't want to be shown up by my mom. After I went down the first time, it was really fun and I did it again. Clay video taped it all and my face definately says, I was a little scared. Then Ryan and I rode our bikes over to the pool and spent some time in the sun, down the slide, and in the water. After lunch Clay and Ky invited us to go with them to the shops in the park and then to go to the emerald pools. It was really hot so I took Kreshie and met up with my mom instead of the hike. This made Clay and Ryan inclined to want to hike Angel's Landing which is very dangerous, with 3 deaths this week alone, and they talked Ky into it. The whole vacation was a lot of exercise, and a lot of heat but I had a lot of fun. I definately want to go back, but maybe in the fall instead of summer. Here are the pictures in no particular order because I am to lazy to put them in order. I think this is when the paved part of Angel's Landing ends, and the more dangerous part begins. Kylene only went as far as the paved part, and Clay and Ryan kept moving up. There are chains you can hold on to but it is basically straight down on either side, and the trail gets as narrow as three feet.

This is the spot where Ryan and Clay stopped. You can continue hiking up the trail, which as you can see is hard to spot. I am glad they did not continue up. Clay was getting vertigo and Ryan said this was the only time he was actually getting scared of heights. This is the view straight down from where they were.
My mom in the Narrows. That was my favorite thing. First you are hiking in water the whole time. I love being in water. Second, mom and I had a lot of fun.
Here are my mom and I on the hike. We hiked in for two hours before we came back. It was really fun. I didn't get any pictures on the zip line because I was afraid I would drop the camera, and I had accidentally grabbed Brook's! But here is Ryan rock climbing. I chose not to put my picture on the blog, being how the view of me was not all too flattering.

Mom took a picture of us at the barn dance. We all tried to keep up with the line dance. Some of us were a little rusty, some were a little uncoordinated but I won't say which was which.
Amber took a picture of us playing in the pool. The fun slide is in the background.

We wanted Kreshie to go with us on the zip line. Here are the boys all ready to go. Kreshie didn't like being lifted up by the harness and got scared so we opted to leave him out of the fun.

4 comments:

Eric

Thats some drop off. Maybe you should of packed Ryan a parachute (just in case). Looks like alot of fun. I didn't know that they let people climb on the climbing wall with out shoes....I'm going to have to wash my hands after every hold now. That would be weird to get athletes foot on your hands. well looks like fun. like I said hopefully I will post somehting.

kc and k

The Narrows look beautiful, but why are you trying to kill my kid on the zipline??

Samantha

I thought Zion Natl Park was so beautiful. It was so cool. We only did the way easy, non-outdoorsy-people type things when we went, but/so it was very enjoyable.

Anonymous

Looks like a blast. I want to go there and see this place for myself. When ya going again?