CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 03, 2008

Kind of Boring

Sorry for a boring blog, but I don't have anything going on. I have no pictures to post, and I haven't done anything too exciting. A girl that I work with (she is 23) had a stroke at work last Tuesday and has been in the hospital. She just moved here from Utah, and took over my night time job when I took the 9-5 slot. Anyway, we finally heard how she was doing today. She is doing ok, but is still in the hospital. Apparently, it was a blood clot that caused the stroke. She has to learn how to read again, and today my boss and I discussed how difficult that would be, and how much we take reading words for granted. Anyway, we don't know when she can come back to work so we are short handed. Today we were crazy busy and I didn't get to take a lunch, on the nights that no one can cover, I have to work longer shifts, so I haven't been doing much other then work. I am really glad to hear she is doing ok.
Ryan is doing good, he is just working and then coming home and studing. So, we don't do much. Saturday he replanted grass where Kula dug huge holes in the lawn, and I bought a bunch of herbs (6 different ones) to start a herb garden in my pots mom and I got at the garden show. I went to my friend Lindsey's Bridal Shower on Saturday, but I forgot my camera. Saturday was also Ryan's Grandma's birthday (84) and so we met with his family for dinner and then to her house for cake and icecream. Her house is the exact same layout (she even has a fireplace in the same place) as Grandma and Grandpa Newman's and it kind of shocked me because I had to try really hard not to start crying. I am happy that Grandma and Grandpa finished their journey here, but I still am sad that they are gone. I loved them dearly.

1 comments:

BrookandDBeckham

I miss Grandma and Grandpa so much too. I was really suprised at how emotional I get talking about them. Hang in there at work and take some snacks! No lunch will make you sick.