April seemed to go by fast. Ryan and I have been busy, but with nothing exciting. We had a class 1 drug recall this week, so we had to call all the people on the drug (
digitek) and tell them to bring in their bottles, the problem however, is we can't get anything to replace it, so I have had a lot of REALLY crabby people at work this week, so I just feel a little run down. Ryan has been busy as well. He finished his first semester at
UVSC last week, and I think he starts his new semester on Thursday. My friend and I are going to enter into the church art contest, but I have really been struggling to find the "just right" idea. Ryan had his 31st birthday on the 18
th- along with Brook (not her 31st, but her birthday). I made Ryan a double
decker cake, and this year it did not slide off, but it was a weird shape since I only had a
rectangular pan, that I cut in half, but not evenly...you will have to imagine it because I don't have any pictures. Ryan went mountain biking while I was baking, and then we went to the movies, 10,000 B.C. It was not what either of us expected but it was good.

Last Friday we went to
Chapala's to celebrate Ryan's birthday. His mom and dad came with us as well. Ryan only gets Mexican once a year, so he was really excited. I on the other hand, don't really like Mexican and therefore was excited also. But, we had fun.

Ryan got a BBQ for his birthday, and then I bought a flavor injector. I did not know that it had a whole on top of the needle, and when I injected our steaks with
bbq sauce, I also squirted it all over my clean white shirt. This of course had to happen at the exact moment that Ryan walked into the kitchen.

Last
Saturday Ryan and I went shopping with my mom and Amber. They wanted to stop and look at cars. This is Ryan while we were waiting for their 30 min. test drive session. I don't think Ryan missed working at Dennis Dillon though.
Ryan and I have been accepted into the
LDS Adoption program. Today we had orientation. It was a little overwhelming, because there are a lot of costs that I didn't think of, but at the same time there are other questions that put our minds at ease. We now have to schedule our first interview, followed by more paperwork. Then we do an individual interview and then the home study. During the first interview they help us get put up on the website and so birth mothers can beginning looking at our profile. They said you really have to market yourself, and to tell you friends and families so they tell their friends and
families and so forth. They said the average waiting time is 2 years. I had an experience when I was 16 or 17 and from that moment on I knew I would adopt, but I did not anticipate all the emotions you feel during the process. I know we are doing the right thing though, so I am excited the time has finally come.
1 comments:
mmmmm I love mexican food too!
Post a Comment