Ryan and I celebrated our fourth anniversary last Wednesday. Well, actually Wed. we were driving to Boise, so when we got there I made a cake and we went to a movie. Thursday we got up to go jetskiing, only to discover a thunder and lightning storm. About noon, the rain stopped and we saw a break in the clouds so we decided to go for it. 
This is what it looked like when we arrived. I admit I was a little nervous, but we watched for lightning, and it wasn't raining, so off we went. We were the only ones in the parking lot, and we only saw 2 other boats the whole time we were up there.
But, don't fret, because the sun came out for awhile. (Yes that is Ryan jetskiing in the distance)
Self portrait taken during our lunch break. 
Ryan out breaking the rules, and making wakes in the no wake zone. It was fun to be by ourselves, but a little eerie if you started to think about if something were to happen with one of us. We kept watching the clouds and they seemed to blow the opposite direction from us, until I looked up and saw the gathering storm.... 
Notice how dark it looks. That was about 4 in the afternoon. So, we decided to head out. While Ryan was getting the truck, the wind came up and I had some pretty big swells on the water. I admit, I was getting a little nervous, but I got over that pretty quickly and took advantage of my situation. :) As soon as we got the jetski up and we started to leave, it began to rain.

This is what it looked like when we arrived. I admit I was a little nervous, but we watched for lightning, and it wasn't raining, so off we went. We were the only ones in the parking lot, and we only saw 2 other boats the whole time we were up there.
But, don't fret, because the sun came out for awhile. (Yes that is Ryan jetskiing in the distance)
Self portrait taken during our lunch break. 
Ryan out breaking the rules, and making wakes in the no wake zone. It was fun to be by ourselves, but a little eerie if you started to think about if something were to happen with one of us. We kept watching the clouds and they seemed to blow the opposite direction from us, until I looked up and saw the gathering storm.... 
Notice how dark it looks. That was about 4 in the afternoon. So, we decided to head out. While Ryan was getting the truck, the wind came up and I had some pretty big swells on the water. I admit, I was getting a little nervous, but I got over that pretty quickly and took advantage of my situation. :) As soon as we got the jetski up and we started to leave, it began to rain.
Friday Amber bought some corn on the cob, and she and my mom showed me how to freeze it. While we were out shucking the corn, Kula found a ball and worked really hard at trying to get it. Eventually he did succeed. 

Ella was out helping us too. She would hand us an ear, or stuff them into the cup holders for us later. 

Then I mentioned that we needed a new garbage bag. Ella said she would get it, ran inside and came out with a bag. Then she noticed it was standing up and we were having difficulty throwing away the husks.
Here is how she solved our problem. So sweet!
Here is how she solved our problem. So sweet! That is all the pictures I took of the whole time we were down there! Now, I am busy trying to pack our place up, do homework, get ready for school to start, and also work. I feel a little overwhelmed to put it lightly. We have been attending the temple a little more then we usually do, given our current situation, and I have found great peace in going there. We both feel strongly that our move to our new place is the right thing to do, and now we just need someone to take our lease here.




1 comments:
Congratulations on 4 years of marriage!
Post a Comment