CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 18, 2010

North Pole Express

Ryan and I have been celebrating my birthday a little early- although Ryan won't let me open any presents early.  He told me he had plans for us tonight and I have been guessing all week.  We went to Olive Garden for dinner and then went to Heber City for the North Pole Express.  It was a lot of fun. 
 We did not pay the 20.00 extra for 1st class, so we rode coach.  We were on car 3593. 
 We were about to get started.  They had a conductor come by and punch everyone's ticket.  The train went up through Provo Canyon and was a total of an hour and a half ride.  I took Dramamine before we left, so I wouldn't be motion sick. 
 Mrs. Claus stopped by.  We also had a lady reading Twas the Night Before Christmas and entertaining us the whole way.  (She was ok). 
 They gave everyone complimentary cookies and hot chocolate.  They gave out a recipe for the cookies which include one twinkle from a boy or girl, fairy dust colored pink, one griffin smile- wild, and my personal favorite: a sprinkle of peace from the wings of a dove.  We travelled to the "North Pole".  They had all these pine trees decorated and Santa was standing there waving at everyone.  The little kids on the train were so cute.  They were really excited they made it to the North Pole.  Santa boarded the train, of course, and he was really funny.  He made sure to stop and talk to everyone and took pictures with them. 
On the way back, we sang Christmas carols and some kids sang solos.  The best was a little girl, probably 3 or 4 who sang "I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas"  It was really cute.  We had so much fun tonight! 

0 comments: