CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer, thus far

 Our summer so far has been a lot of fun.  I finished my master's, a goal I have had since I was in high school.  It was a huge accomplishment for me, and I may have cried a little.  We have been to BBQ's, snowcone shacks, parks, and pools (well, the blow up one). :) 
 We went to the MK Nature center, and Maya loved looking over the bridges at the big fish.  She also loved all the birds she saw. 
 Strutting down the path. So funny. :)
 Dylan is getting so big!  He accidently rolled over from tummy to back, and is trying out his voice.  He loves his mama, and a lot of times just needs a little mommy time.  He was approved for the Infant Toddler Program and we wrote out his goals, which currently are to meet 3 month old milestones, (he is almost 6 months and should have reached these by now), be assessed by a physical therapist and a occupational therapist within 30 days, and roll over from back to tummy.  They are also going to assess his legs, since he never ever straightens them.  He also needs to learn to grab at toys and follow a rattle with his eyes.  We are going to talk about his eating, because sometimes he forgets how to eat from a bottle.  But, overall, he is doing really good.  He is 11lbs 5 ounces, and in 0-3 months clothes!  That is a huge accomplishment for him.  He has his first doctor appointment here in a couple weeks, and his eye appointment in August. 
 The kids have been enjoying outside time.  Maya loves to be outside and runs for the door whenever anyone gets close to it.  We were outside letting Ella and Maya run through the sprinklers.  Ella was trying out the different settings so we turned the water really low.  She turned the dial and it got Dylan and me right in the face!  It was a complete accident, and Ella was nervous she would be in trouble.  I just started laughing and yelling turn it off, turn it off.  Ella screaming, "I'm trying". I am sure it was quite the site. Dylan was crying, and the picture above is the aftermath.  He was eating his bottle but overall, it was pretty funny.  
 Amber and I swapped babysitting while I was finishing my schoolwork.  One day Ella and Maya made Color Wheel's with red, blue and yellow frosting and sugara cookies.  We had a lot of fun.
Maya just ate her frosting. :)

 Maya is a little mother hen.  She has a special blanket, special tag blanket, and a special bear blanket thing that she usually puts in the stroller and pushes around, or she carries them.  She does not share these things.  If you take them, it turns into a big tantrum.  One day Dylan was crying, and I was in the kitchen.  I walked in to find the above picture.  Maya had given  him her tags and blanket and a dog she was playing with to help him.  She will run up to him and say "love" and give him a hug.  I love how much they love one another. 

Maya loves to swim, and loves to stack.  She stole my soda and took a drink or two.  Good thing it was all water at that point.  She was really excited about a treat. 
Playing in the pool, with a drink, and stacked cups.  What could be better?

0 comments: