
Here is my first assignment that students have started to turn in. This first one is mine. The assignment was to make a pinch pot, carve fifty percent of it, and then glaze it in either turkish amber or shiny green.

This was actually the second assignment which was to make a pinch pot, and add an appendage to it using the method of scoring or cross-hatching. Then they had to use underglaze to paint a design on thier pot and some where on the pot had to be complimentary colors. In this case, the inside was purple, so the purple and yellow.


I have basically started to run the whole classroom. I do the grading, take attendance, moniter clean-up, etc. Mr. Scott got this boy who is really quiet and shy, to come up to me and ask me why anyone would make this teapot. I looked at it, um, it was my teapot! I looked over at Mr. Scott who was laughing hysterically. Mr. Scott is pretty funny. This week I had to do a demonstration on how to recreate a historical piece. These two boys were a little upset that my stuff was set up in thier spot. They were really polite about it though, and then teased me the rest of the period about having my stuff in their way. So Mr. Scott and I are going to find a way to move the entire table so Monday, their spot won't even be there! Yesterday at lunch I started to feel sick, and by fifth period I was really sick. Mr. Scott wanted to call Ryan to pick me up, but quite frankly, I did not want to wait for Ryan to get there! By the time I got home, I was extremely sick. I was throwing up, which causes my neck to tense up, which in turn gives me a migraine, which causes me to throw up. Do you see how awful that is? Anyway, I think I might have got food poisoning or something because around 8:30 I started to be able to sip down some alka seltzer. Today I still have a headache, but I did eat breakfast. Anyway, that is all I have been up to. I am have way through my student teaching at Boise High, and then I go to Highlands Elementary, which has never had a studnet teacher in art before, so I am really excited. Ryan has been working hard and going to school. We don't see much of each other lately because we are both so busy. I was looking forward to a fun weekend, not a sicky one. Ryan has joined the Mountain Biking club at Boise state and is really active in it. He is on a ride right now. Until I have time to update....
2 comments:
I like your first assignment the best out of these four pictures. I'm glad you didn't throw up at school, that would not be fun. Sounds like you're feeling better for the weekend, yeah!
I think teaching art would be so much fun. Bethany's art teacher is amazing and she is thinking about art as a major, too.
Post a Comment