As many of you already know, I have been really sick lately. Today I started to cry out of frustration. Ryan told me just to keep praying because Heavenly Father will answer our prayers. In my head I thought, but I am SO tired and annoyed by being sick why hasn't He already answered my prayers? I had to leave work early today because I was sick, my stomach cramps up and it is really painful. Then I thought about Job and I thought, how in the world did he do it? It did give me a little hope, being how Job had a lot more trials then I do. Being sick all the time does however, make it really difficult to beat those winter blues that I can't seem to kick. Anyway, so I was told I can no longer have caffiene and no dairy at all. Yesterday I bought a farwell to Diet Pepsi Diet Pepsi, and only could drink about half of it. The remainder went in my school bag. It spilled all over the bag. My art paper, my schedule of events at school, notes from inservice, etc. all got soaked in Diet Pepsi. Ryan said maybe it was Heavenly Father telling me not to drink it anymore. Needless to say, I did not have one today, which was no easy feat. Today while Ryan was in the shower I did sneak a bowl of cereal and I got in big trouble. I got caught red handed! I didn't think that was enough milk to count as dairy, Ryan however, did not see it the same way as I did. And while I will never tell him, he is probably right. So while I was home early from work and unable to go very far from the bathroom, I looked up pottery wheels on the internet so I know how much I have to save for one. This is the kind I like....
I know this is only exciting for me, but I don't care.
This is an example of an Ikebana vase that I am teaching my ceramic students about. For the most part they like it. They have to make their's with slabs of clay and I will take pictures of them when I get them. This week a student in my class was working on the wheel. He is one of the students I am trying to help a little more because he really struggles in school. He was telling me how he was not very good at the wheel, and I told him it just took practice. Then I told him about my mug I made Ryan when we were dating. It was not very impressive, and I was a little embarrased to give it to him. Then he showed it to his family, and that horrified me. It looked like a kindergarten did it and I know it. Anyway, Ryan only uses it for pencils. I have come a long way since then. So I was telling him all this and he said, "Well Mrs. Lind, all you have to do is practice". I just told him thanks for the advice. Smart aleck. This evening Ryan and I had a little date. We made cake together and then played the game Sequence (thanks Kylene it is really fun and great for only two people) which I won 2 of the 3 times we played so I was the ultimate winner. Ryan does not like to lose. Anyway, I said the loser had to go cut us a piece of cake. Ryan came back with this piece for himself.
He could not finish it all!
I know this is only exciting for me, but I don't care.
This is an example of an Ikebana vase that I am teaching my ceramic students about. For the most part they like it. They have to make their's with slabs of clay and I will take pictures of them when I get them. This week a student in my class was working on the wheel. He is one of the students I am trying to help a little more because he really struggles in school. He was telling me how he was not very good at the wheel, and I told him it just took practice. Then I told him about my mug I made Ryan when we were dating. It was not very impressive, and I was a little embarrased to give it to him. Then he showed it to his family, and that horrified me. It looked like a kindergarten did it and I know it. Anyway, Ryan only uses it for pencils. I have come a long way since then. So I was telling him all this and he said, "Well Mrs. Lind, all you have to do is practice". I just told him thanks for the advice. Smart aleck. This evening Ryan and I had a little date. We made cake together and then played the game Sequence (thanks Kylene it is really fun and great for only two people) which I won 2 of the 3 times we played so I was the ultimate winner. Ryan does not like to lose. Anyway, I said the loser had to go cut us a piece of cake. Ryan came back with this piece for himself. 



3 comments:
Hey Sneaker, good thing you have Ryan there to keep you on track.
I have to say, I feel sad for you to say goodbye to your diet pepsi--you LOVE those!
I'm glad you like the game. I think it is great that you two play games all the time. (you better let Ryan win some or he won't want to play with you anymore)
It must be so frustrating to be sick all the time, but you will get better--don't give up!
It looks like Ryan is trying to join your stomachache club!
Sorry, you aren't feeling well---I hope they find the cause soon as I know it must be frustrating.
I think that type of vase is SO cool! It looks like a tree trunk. I would like to learn how to mold one of those.
Next time we have cake I want Ryan to cut me a piece!!
Post a Comment