Well, I am pleased to announce I am done at Boise High School! My teacher threw me a pizza party at lunch from Guido's (it was good) and then gave me a plate he made for me. I was SO excited about the plate. I would have taken a picture of it, but my camera ran out of batteries. So, now on to Highlands Elementary. At Highlands, they have a really big Art Mom program, so it is a little frustrating at times because they think I am more of an art mom then an art teacher. Plus, I have alot more things I have to do. The good news is I get to sleep in a little, but I also have to stay a lot later in the day. I really get along with the teachers there and other then the cold I caught, I have been doing good. Thanks to Amber's help to kind of get me motivated, I have started my collection. Here is the first piece. This picture makes it look a little flat, but I still like it. It is charcoal and oil on canvas. I am going to do a variety of pictures that are black and white with a colored background. This painting, I found a picture of a woman working in a field covered in mud. I drew her, and then I was really having a bad day about being sick all the time, so I chose red as a background for anger and frustration. I wanted to the colors to be bold, but the figure to remain black and white, like the world around her is causing all this frustration or anger, and she is unaffected.

The whole collection is going to be on "the working class" . The next one I am working on is going to be two hands that are worn from working all the time and the background is going to be blues for depression and loneliness. I know, kind of dark, but beautiful at the same time...
In other news, all the cramping and being sick to my stomach was from a bladder infection I have had for at least three months and didn't know I had... so, one problem taken care of, now if I could only get rid of this stupid cold.

Here is Ella after we played together on the kitchen floor. Her favorite game to play with me right now is chase. I am done chasing Ella after like two times, but I think Ella could do it A LOT longer then me.

All that chasing made Ella hungry so her mom gave her animal crackers. Ella was quick to spread them all over Amber's nice clean kitchen.
2 comments:
Wow, your art is amazing! I can't believe you can do that stuff.
Good job at Boise High--you survive high school again!! I'm excited for you to be at the elementary level since you seem to like those kids much better.
Cool painting! I am excited to see the collection as a whole when all the pieces are complete and together. Way to go dude.
Post a Comment