CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Christmas is just around the corner, and I thought I might finally update my blog. It is a little more difficult for me to get to a computer, because Ryan and I no longer have the Internet, and mom no longer lives 5 minutes away. We also don't have cable. For the most part, not a big deal, but on days where Ryan is gone, and I have no gas and I don't work till 5, I kind of wish I had some entertainment. I occupy my time by, first teaching myself German. I have some Cd's that Ryan bought me last year I am using, and then sometimes I cook. I made Ryan buy me all kinds of stuff at the grocery store so I can experiment with my food. I have made Ryan lots of bread, and have used my bunt pan for many things other then a bunt cake. That is all I have really been up to. I have been very busy with work, and driving between two different stores, one on Broadway in Boise, and one in Nampa. By the time I come home, I don't want to do much else. Ryan has been busy with work. He also has been accepted to UVSC's aviation program and has been getting everything in order to start classes online for the spring semester. I am really excited for him to start that. One accomplishment I have made, is that I took the National Certification for Pharmacy Technician test and I passed!! Now I have a new job title-CPhT, (certified pharmacy tech instead of pharmacy tech but it is still fun for me). I studied almost every day for two weeks before the test, and I got a raise for passing the test. My boss is also going to frame my certificate and hang it in the pharmacy. I now know what statins are and how to clean a laminer hood when it has a horizontal flow. Now when people come in and say they need their blood pressure pills refilled, I actually know which one they want, instead of just guessing...
For family home evening last night, Ryan and I got a real Christmas tree and then went and picked out some decorations for it. Ryan has wanted a real tree since we got married, so he was really excited. This morning it was so fun though, to wake up to the smell of real pine in our home. Ryan and I had tons of fun yesterday putting it all together and lighting our tree. I know the lighting is horrible, but we don't have any light in our front room, so that's as bright as it gets at night.
There is a close up. In case you wanted one. Obviously I am not excited about this tree at all...

A few weeks ago, Ryan and I decided to go out towards Kuna to find the petroglyphs. Neither one of us have ever seen them. We went to Celebration Park, and it turned out to be a scenic view, and we couldn't find the glyphs. Come to find out, (after having dinner with my good friend Ryan), we were in the wrong place...they are in Melba. We had fun all the same.

Walking back from the look out point.
Ryan and Kula before we got started. That's Ryan looking over the canyon. I just thought it was a cool picture. Here is the view.
Well, since Ryan and I don't have kids, here is a picture of our spoiled little dog, who has his own blanket and pillow at night.

Merry Christmas Everyone!


4 comments:

Amber Irvine

Yeah! Finally an update (to kettle from pot)! Your tree is very pretty. Good for you two for being traditionalists and getting a real tree.

Also, kudos for getting out and trying to find the petroglyphs and having an adventure. I didn't even know we had any in Idaho. (petroglyphs not adventures)

BrookandDBeckham

An update! I laughed real hard when you said you were in the wrong place. The pictures look like you guys had fun anyway. Can t wait to see you in a week!!

Dirt

So when is your next geocashing adventure?

kc and k

Good thing you took pictures of your cute tree BEFORE the babies came to visit!

You guys do the funnest things (even if you do get lost doing them.)