
Then we set out for another geocache, which was only a little ways away, or so we thought. We started out walking, but there was so many trees that had fallen down that we were constantly climbing over, walking around, or climbing under trees.
After we walked for a while, Ryan informed us we were 500 meters from our destination which was directly across the lake. It was getting dark, so we headed back, and tried to find it when Eric came up. We couldn't find it anywhere and it was an army container, so it was pretty big. I think the forest rangers took it out when they were marking off all the ways you weren't allowed to go because the trees had fallen over. It was definitely not our searching skills. Wednesday we did get up and go jet skiing. I may have been the most conservative of the jet skiers but I still had fun. We got back Wednesday night, I did some laundry, repacked, got up thursday & worked, and after work my mom and I drove to SLC. I had to get my fingerprints done for my teaching license and then we looked for a place to live. Friday was a bust for an apartment. I was so frustrated. The Provo area is not very pet friendly. I finally broke down and started crying at night. Then Saturday, we went and looked at a basement apartment. It is pretty expensive (compared to Boise) and well, its an old basement-but they will let us have both our dogs. I signed the lease on Sat. It is a two bedroom, basement apartment with wood panelling up the wazoo in American Fork-close to my work. We also are renting 1/2 the garage, which should be nice in the winter. I have applied, and interviewed for another part time teaching job in Springville, since my two jobs are not going to be enough to pay the rent. I move on August 1 and Ryan is going to stay in Boise to finish his private license. I have never lived by myself and I am really, really nervous. I will post when I hear about the other job.




2 comments:
First let me say that I endured the music for the sake of intellegence boosting but lets get back to some bootie-licious beats please! :)
Living alone takes a little getting used to because it is SO quiet but there are quite a few pluses....
1. You can always watch what you want on TV
2. No-one else eats your food (this can be a neg. if the food in question is an entire cake that you just realized you ingested)
3. No-one messes up your place or moves your stuff
4. No-one cares if you go to bed REALLY early or REALLY late if you just so happen to feel like it
5. You can rent as many chick-flicks as you want and watch them in bed with a tub of ice cream and cry your eyes out at the lovely sappiness without being made fun of!
Just a few highlights for you to look forward to!
Don't forget that you have an aunt not far from you when you need somewhere to go. Although it sounds like you will be working all the time! Good for you and Ryan for making plans and moving ahead.
Post a Comment