CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Salt Lake City Bees

Yesterday Ryan asked if I wanted to go to the baseball game. I said ok, since he had one a free ticket, and my ticket was pretty cheap. I also had a gift certificate to Pizza Factory from one of my Life Skills students. (very sweet) so I suggested we go to dinner and then to the game. Literally 5 minutes after we bought our tickets our friend Gavin called and asked if we wanted to go with them to the game. His neighbor had box seats and they had some left over tickets! We were already in the car driving to Pizza Factory, so we told him we would probably just see him at the game. We got to the game and we were in left field a little past third base. It was really windy, nice but windy. Ryan is not a huge fan of the self portrait picture like us Thurston girls, but I made him do them anyway. Before the game....
Getting ready to play ball.


Play ball. Never mind the drinks the concession guy held up at the exact moment I took the picture.

What is baseball without a cottoncandy? Of course it turned both of our mouths blue.

Once the game started our view from our seats. We had a group of business men that kept making us stand up every time they needed a new beer. I say we stood up and sat down at least 10 times in the first couple innings. Then we had a girl behind us who apparently got sick and missed her graduation because she worked that into every conversation she had. Do you want a slushie? No, I was sick and missed my graduation. Then her dad was really loud and obnoxious because he was trying way to hard to be cool. He got a slushie, said "they should tell you this stuff tastes like feet" and then kicked it over right next to me. Of course, most of this I take into stride because it is a baseball game, but I was sort of excited when I looked at my phone and Sara, Gavin's wife, had called me. So, I texted her back, and we met up with them in their box seats for the rest of the game. We had to go through the VIP entrance, and we were right behind home plate.
Our view from the box seat. Notice that there are no unexpected concessions or crowds of people in this picture. Oh the life of luxury. In the 7th inning right after the seventh inning stretch, Ryan caught a fly ball! This game was packed with excitement, Ryan's catch, stealing bases, the coach for the other team almost being ejected, etc. In the 9th inning we were tied, as in the 10th and then in the 11th, we won! I tried to get a picture of everyone running out on the field but by the time my camera's flash went off, it was just in time to catch everyone leaving. After the game, as part of the promotion, they had fireworks. Those were really fun to watch, but I didn't take any pictures of them. It was fun spending time together, with friends, and at the game.

1 comments:

kc and k

Wow! Any one of those events was pretty exciting for a baseball game, but to have them all happen must have been so great!

I love to watch baseball (not on tv though) and I miss going to games. So, I'm a little jealous that I wasn't there.