In our life skills class in the special ed room, I took on a huge task. Our theme this year is helping others, so for the fundraiser our school does at the end of this month, I decided to have our students help participate. So, I decided we would make a quilt to raffle off. Each student picked something about Utah. To make sure we had enough squares, the special ed teacher, my friend Gina (who is an aide as well), me and peer tutors (students from the general ed that come to help the special ed. students) also had to draw one, so 25 blocks total. I had the students practice drawing it several times before making the blocks. My friend's mom volunteered to embroider the names and what each thing is on the block and then another friend's mom is donating her time to sew the quilt together. This is the first picture of the almost done quilt! I will post a more detailed look soon. Can you tell I am so excited?
Dusseldorf? Dusselschlaf.
11 years ago




1 comments:
What a great idea! The quilt looks very fun.
Post a Comment