CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Italian Chocolate Truffles

Ryan and I are getting into the holiday mode. We put up our decorations on Monday, and for the first time in our marriage, we were able to put up our little 3 foot tree, on the first try. Kula is getting ready for Christmas too.


Today, we went to The Blind Side using a gift card I got from being Teacher of the Month in October. Afterwards we came home, and I went through a book I have, 1001 Recipes from Around the World. It had a recipe for Italian Chocolate Truffles, and Ryan and I decided to make them. First you melt dark chocolate and mix it with orange extract....I am breaking up the chocolate to melt.
Then you add butter and powder sugar. Mix it all together and chill. Ryan is grating the milk chocolate to roll the dark chocolate balls in. Ryan and Kula chilling by the fire waiting for the chocolate to chill.
When the choclate is chilled, you roll it into chocolate balls Roll it through grated milk chocolate.
It can be a little messy. Chill, and enjoy.

1 comments:

Janell

How very ambitious you are! The chocolates look wonderful. And congratulations on being teacher of the month. Blind Side was such a good movie.