Friday I went with Ryan up to Heber City to watch him fly. Usually I sit by the fireplace, and read. I have been reading the book "Left to Tell" which I would recommend everyone should read. Anyway, I was looking forward to my reading spot while Ryan was up in the air. When we got up there, his instructor asked me if I wanted to come along, so I did. I was scared out of my mind, at first. I am no risk taker, and I am fully aware that Ryan is just learning to fly. While Ryan prepped the plane for our departure, his instructor, JJ told me about the bumps and such I would experience. Then, I climbed in. JJ was sure to show me the how to properly use the throw-up bags, if I got sick.
This is a picture of the airport hangar from the back of the plane. Ryan had a really smooth take off, and we were going to go over to Park City, but while there was no wind on the ground, it was really windy in the air. JJ and Ryan decided that Park City might be a little too bumpy for my first ride, and decided to just stay in the valley. Fine by me. A bumpy ride did not sound like fun.

This a picture while we are still climbing altitude.
Self Portrait.
The reservoir 
Part of the valley
Not the best picture, but my view as Ryan was landing. He was a very good pilot, we only hit a few bumps, and he had a perfect landing. Even his instructor told him he had a perfect landing.

The runway. I was so nervous as it is covered in snow, but Ryan landed it perfectly straight so we didn't slide.
Ryan getting out of the plane.
This is a picture of the airport hangar from the back of the plane. Ryan had a really smooth take off, and we were going to go over to Park City, but while there was no wind on the ground, it was really windy in the air. JJ and Ryan decided that Park City might be a little too bumpy for my first ride, and decided to just stay in the valley. Fine by me. A bumpy ride did not sound like fun. 
This a picture while we are still climbing altitude.
Self Portrait.
The reservoir 
Part of the valley
Not the best picture, but my view as Ryan was landing. He was a very good pilot, we only hit a few bumps, and he had a perfect landing. Even his instructor told him he had a perfect landing. 
The runway. I was so nervous as it is covered in snow, but Ryan landed it perfectly straight so we didn't slide.
Ryan getting out of the plane. I was really impressed at Ryan's flying. He was very smooth in the air. It was so much fun, I am looking forward to doing it again. He has his final check ride at the end of this month, and then he will finally have his private license.




0 comments:
Post a Comment