
Ella Christmas morning.
This year for the annual Lind Family Christmas Eve Gathering, we were asked to talk about the traditions from the country your hertiage is from. I made French Beignets because the Swiss eat donuts and hot chocolate on Christmas eve, but I couldn't find the Swiss recipe. Oh well, the website I read said their traditions are from Germany, France, and a few other countries, so I decided it counted. :) This picture is Ryan's dad Dennis reading about the Swedish traditions. He is holding rice pudding that we all tried.
Lyndsey introduced us to English Crackers, which are like a little pop toy with a paper crown inside as well as a little toy. Ryan proudly wearing his crown.
Bryson and Heather about to pull their cracker.
Jared wore a Kilt and talked about the different meanings the patterns on the kilt meant. He also talked about different traditions in Scotland. It was fun. 
Me and Henry.
As per our family tradition, I decided to make cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Christmas day. It turned out to be a huge mess, and finally it took me, Ella and my mom to finish them. This is after the dough splattered all over my shirt, twice, and then rose up and over the bowl, onto the counter and heading for the floor. We stayed in Boise a little longer then planned. We saw a lot of movies and spent time with both families. The day before I celebrated my 30th birthday. 30.
Self portrait before we left. Mom got me that shirt for my birthday and all my students at school loved it.
Self portrait before we left. Mom got me that shirt for my birthday and all my students at school loved it. Ryan got a Wii for Christmas, and we have been spending a lot of time playing it. The semester just ended for me, no more study skills. Next week, I start teaching art again. Hooray!!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment