CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Flying and Fish

Last weekend Ryan took up his first passengers as a pilot. We decided to invite our friends Brady and Gavin who had both helped us move into our new place as a thank you trip. Gavin couldn't go so Brady brought his girlfriend and off we went. Ryan flew us to Tooele and back. I rode up front with him, and then I was going to switch with Brady on the way back, but Tooele was too foggy for us to land. When Ryan decided to pursue his dream of being a pilot, I politely encouraged him but thought, he will never get me into that little plane since I am terrified of flying. Ryan has already talked me into going twice and once I am safely back on the ground, I think wow that was a lot of fun. After we got back, Ryan told me about all the little mishaps that I didn't know about. For instance, I thought he had another perfect landing, and Ryan said he was coming in a little too fast. I would have never known the difference, which makes me have a lot of confidence that he will be good at his profession. My view from the front.
My view from the side. This was at Heber City right before going into Provo Canyon. It is about this time I thought my battery died and put my camera away only to discover, I just wasn't pushing the button hard enough.


Ryan checking everything before take off.





A few weeks ago Ryan and I decided to go to the Aquarium. We drove over, and the parking lot was completely full, as well as cars driving around the lot. So everyone in the world had the same idea as us. Then as we drove past the entrance, we saw the hordes of people waiting in line and opted to wait for another day. Today we decided to try it again. The outside of the aquarium looks like an old Rite Aid department store, and the aquarium is pretty small but we still had a lot of fun. They have 2 exhibits. One is a "native to Utah" exhibit and has creatures from around here. The other is a South American exhibit and they are currently raising money for a penguin exhibit. It was a little frustrating because they didn't always tell you what you were looking at. It would say "Coral Reef" but not tell you the names of any of the fish and sometimes I wanted to know what I was looking at. Ryan touched the eel display which mildly shocks you, but wouldn't do it again for me so I could take a picture. They had an octopus that was so cool but you can't use a flash and the picture just looks black.

A frog hanging in the wetlands exhibit in the Utah portion.

Eels
Ryan checking out the coral reef.




Entering the South American Exhibit



These are piranhas.

0 comments: