CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 12, 2010

More yard stuff.

I know, all I ever post about is our yard. We have been working really hard on it, so what is a little boasting every now and again? Or, every time you update your blog...
I was suppose to work today 2-10 and that shift is the worst. We don't get real breaks because we are so busy and by the end of the night I can barely walk my feet are so sore and tired. So, when Ryan informed me there was a 70% chance of rain, I decided to say a little prayer to rain enough to rain-out the games. My prayer was answered! I was SO excited this morning. (I might have even done a little dance). Ryan and I haven't had a Saturday free for almost a month! So, we got to work on the backyard. Taking a little break.... Kula enjoying the sod.

This is the chore I decided to tackle. I wish I would have taken a picture of the other side of the tree. It was full of leaves. I don't think anyone has bothered with it for years. It was kind of gross, and there were a TON of spiders and centipedes crawling all over. I hate spiders, and even worse, I am scared of them so I had my work cut out for me. First, I raked all the leaves into a pile. Then, I had Ryan pick up the pile and put it in the garbage. This wasn't because of laziness rather, I saw how many bugs I raked into that pile and there was no way I was going to pick it up.

Ryan helped me to pull out the weeds and little twigs that were growing that were too hard for me to pull out and he helped me level out some of the dirt. Then I washed off all the dirt and such from the tops of the stones.


All my hard work paid off! Our tree looks so much nicer.

Ryan worked on the other side. He laid out the sod and dug out the next section. Then he moved all the rocks over we are going to use for our walkway.


Ryan's finished work.

The rocks are laid out for the pathway.

0 comments: