Today we decided to make use of the book my mom got Ryan, Hiking Utah, and go on a little hike. We have been at the trail head before and when I saw where we were going, I was sure I wasn't going to survive. Let's be honest, I am not in the best shape. Surprising, I know. I have been doing the Couch to 5K training to try to get into shape, but I am still not very fast. Last time we were here, we walked about 5 minutes before we had to turn around. Ryan is always beside me giving me support. I know he can move a lot faster then me, but he is patient and will take breaks with me. He said today we can just go as far as I want and then turn around. So, I said, let's decide after a half a mile. Now, I know there are many of you who think, "Seriously only a half a mile? But for someone with the physique I have, a half a mile is quite a trek. So, off we went.

This is the beginning of the trail head. We thought we were hiking towards a lake, and a WWII plane crash, but when we came back we realized we were on the wrong trail.

I loved the fall colors.

Ryan is so cute.

Of the three of us: Ryan, Kula and I, I am pretty sure Kula had the most fun. He was so excited to be in the mountains and would run up the trail and back to us, then behind us, back up the trail and so forth sniffing everything and chasing little critters.

Ryan has been teasing me all day about my lumberjack shirt. I don't care, I think it is cute.

I am taking the picture while sitting down for a break. This was about our 1/2 mile mark. I was feeling really good and didn't think the hike was so bad, so we kept going.

I forced Kula to take a break for a minute because he would run so far ahead we couldn't see him. We had a few other hikers on the road that we had to stop for and let pass.

More fall colors.

I LOVE all the aspen trees. I think it is so beautiful especially this time of the year. Kula blended in to the surroundings. We wouldn't be able to see him so we would call him, and he would be right next to us!

This is Sundance Ski Resort in the distance. We were on Mount Timpanogos.

We made it to the falls! But, our trail ended here. That is when Ryan decided we might be on the wrong trail, but it was still beautiful and we had a ton of fun. This was the lower falls.

and this is the upper falls. We couldn't get any closer, the trail had been washed out and there was no way to get down to them.
On the way back, I figured out why it was so easy to hike in to the falls. The way back was steep and uphill. I thought I would die, but we took lots of little breaks. It started sprinkling, and then raining, and by the time we got about half way, it was pouring. I didn't mind because it kept me cool on the hike but by the time we got back to the car, we were both drenched.

We made it! I wish you could see how wet I actually was. I am still trying to warm up from it! We went up to Stewart's Cascades and hiked a total of four miles! I am very proud of myself and very grateful I have such a supportive and patient husband. We had a great day.
1 comments:
Nice job! A four-mile hike--that's so great fast or slow!
Post a Comment