My Mom made me this cute little table runner for the Thanksgiving Holiday. I don't have a lot of decorations and had been complaining about needing a table runner, so my mom made this for me out of some material she had left over from the runner she did. It is so pretty, and fits perfectly on the table with my candle holder. Thanks Mom!
Yesterday and today were the 2nd annual Lind Family Food for the Cornucopia Making Days, (I couldn't think of a better title).For those of you who missed last years post, or forgot, here is the tradition. Growing up we had a cornucopia made out of wicker. My mom would make basic dough out of flour and salt and we would make fruit and veggies to add to the cornucopia. It was my favorite thing to do at Thanksgiving time. So, last year I decided to continue the tradition in my own home. I bought a cornucopia from TaiPan and now, we are set.
We made our fruit on Sunday night. It takes about 2 hours to cook, so we waited to paint them today. This year we made an orange with an orange slice, strawberry, pie, banana, 2 onion halves, red pepper, pear, and a dog bone for Kula.
I only had to work at one school today, so we painted them when I got home.
Finished painting...
And, all the food together. I was smart and wrote the year we made them on all the food so we can remember when we made it as time goes on.




2 comments:
The little sculptures look so good painted! This is seriously one of my favorite traditions I've ever heard about. ...And how does your hair grow so fast? You look great.
I forgot that you did this. Awesome looking pieces. Your hair looks awesome btw.
Post a Comment