CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Our first week with Maya

Maya is 10 days old and had to have her first doctor appointment on Friday.  She is 7 lbs 11 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long.  The doctors said that given that she was in the NICU for being lactose intolerant, it is really, really good that she has already gained back all her birth weight.  Ryan went with me to the appointment and here they are waiting for the doctor to come in.
Maya is a pretty sweet little girl.  She doesn't cry unless it is for food, diaper change or a bubble.  Mostly for a bubble.  She will smack her lips for several minutes before she cries when she is hungry, so she gives you fair warning. 

My mom flew here on Thursday and has been a big help.  She helps clean and takes Maya so we can rest.  Our birth mom and birth grandma came over on Friday morning.  They brought Maya some baby clothes and we enjoyed some time together. 


Friday night Amber and Ella came up for the weekend.  Ella told me she likes real babies more than pretend babies and that she just likes Maya so much. 


Maya stopped crying when Ella held her and Ella thought that was so cool.  She cuddles right up to Auntie Amber and Grandma.  She even smiled while awake with Amber, which I thought was fun.

 I feel like I am taking all the pictures, and then it looks like I am not involved, so here is a self portrait with Maya all snuggled in. 
 Our first family picture.  :)

 Now she is done with the pictures and just wants a bottle.
Her little beatles onesie. 

We love our little Maya!

2 comments:

Kristi M.

She is such a cutie. Glad that you are able to get help. The first weeks are crazy tiring. I love the clothes your sister got her. The guitar jammies are great.

Joleen

I was thinking the same thing as Kristi about the clothes from your sister.