Maya is 2 weeks old! She had her 2 week appointment on Friday. She is 8 lbs 5 ounces, 20 1/2 inches long and a healthy little girl. She loves listening to music and is awake for about an hour and a half at a time. She has her nights and days mixed up right now, and I am not sure how to cure her of this. I try to keep her up during the day but she still stays awake all night. I am hoping we can fix this soon. 
We took her for a walk around the townhomes, but this coat is a little too big right now.
This is very serious buisness, being in the bouncer.
I have no pictures of just me and Maya. This is for 2 reasons, one, I have been a little lazy at getting ready for the day and two, I am here with Maya and my self portraits are not coming out very cute. So here is one I had Ryan take. My mom made Maya a quilt for her crib. The little bird was the inspiration.
Here is the final quilt. There is a little tree that comes up the side, but you can't see it very well in this picture. I love it! My mom is also making matching curtains. Thanks mom! I love you!
Maya loves sitting up on the boppy. She wiggles and slides down it, so usually I prop her up with a blanket. She had so much fun that she wore herself out and fell asleep like this.





3 comments:
Wow does that last picture show her dark eyes. She will have beautiful dark features. I LOVE that blanket your mom made. The birds are so cute and how thoughtful she was to think of the birth mom.
Eventually her days and nights will get better. A few things I did with my boys...I read somewhere to go about your normal day and never hold back on doing anything like vacuuming. I usually vacuum during nap times, run the dishwasher, don't mind visitors, have them take naps with the blinds/curtains open etc. In turn she will start to get used to the daytime noises and still take her naps. At night I did everything the opposite. I would make it as dark as possible and most times I could walk in there and feed him in complete darkness without turning the lamp on. I would never talk/sing to my babies and tried to avoid eye contact. Both of my boys would eat and go right back to sleep. Obviously sleeping through the night comes later down the road but I never had a problem with them wanting to stay up and play at night. Not sure if it was luck but these worked for me. Good luck on that one. :)
Love her little serious concentration face!
Way too stinkin cute! I love the boppy one!
Post a Comment