CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 07, 2011

Family comes to visit

Some of Ryan's family came to meet Maya last weekend. We had fun at the dinosaur museum, (which I forgot my camera for) and visiting with family.  It is always fun when we have visitors.  I did not get a picture of Maya's cousin Henry, so that will have to be next time. 
 Aunt Elise with Maya in the outfit Elise got for her.  Elise is due with baby boy number 2 in June.
 Grandma and Grandpa Lind! 
Aunt Heather and baby Owen due at the end of February!  I am excited for Maya to have a cousins so close in age.

Getting dressed up while we were waiting for Ryan's family to get here.  That is the cute onesie that Brook got her.



Maya got her first bath in the tub.  We had been using sponges that the hospital gave us, but she had a little constipation last week so I gave her some warm baths to try to help her.  Her hair curls up when it is wet, and we tried to get a good picture that shows it.   She likes that bath sometimes, and sometimes, (like yesterday) it is not so fun.  :) 




Maya and I have tried to have some sort of schedule.  I know when to expect her longer naps and she knows when she wakes up she eats, gets her diaper changed, and then can kick and play on the floor.  She is getting a little better about holding up her head, but is still pretty wobbly.  I have taken my friend Kristy's advice and try to be as noisy as possible during her naptimes during the day and I have been feeding her less, and more frequently during the day than at night, but some nights are good and some nights are bad.  She hasn't been up playing as much at night as she was last week though!  I can't believe that on Sunday my little girl will already be a month old!! 
  

1 comments:

Kristi M.

I just love seeing pictures of her and you guys with her. She is such a cutie and both of you look so happy. So are you on maternity leave? I am glad that she is slowly getting her days and nights better. It can take time. I remember that it took about 2 months for that. I also decided that babies that sleep completely through the night at young ages are miracle babies or their parent's are totally lying. Brecken just abandoned his 1am feeding not too long ago and has started to stretch out a little longer in the mornings but that is not always the case. I read somewhere that 1 in 6 infants at 6 months old actually sleeps through the night. The others get up frequently through the night. That made me feel a little better. So much to learn but they all act differently. I've discovered that from boy #1 to boy #2.