Today Maya is one month old. We can't believe it! We have had a very busy week this week and I have been horrible at pictures this week. I had my good friend Kelsey and her little boy Samuel come and visit me on Tuesday. We had a lot of fun, like we always have and I was excited that we got together. We have been planning to get together since before Christmas!
Wednesday, my aunt Janell and cousins Jacque and Caroline came over and brought Maya a bumbo! I am so excited about it and tried to make Maya sit in it already for a picture, but she is still too little. My friend Gina had organized a Lehi Jr. baby shower/dinner for Wed. night. We went out to eat and just had a fun. There were about seven of us and they were hilarious. We had a great time.
Thursday I had to go back to work at Union. I was already working at Lehi Jr. so I wasn't to traumatized when I left for work, but when I left Lehi Jr. and couldn't go home, it was really hard. I know that this isn't for forever, but it is hard to leave my little girl. I was "lucky" to get to come back to work on the day of the dance. I hate dance supervision! When I got to Union, the other art teacher and her student teacher had organized my room for the new semester, had graded some of my papers already (we grade on the same rubric) and had prepped my room for me for Thursday and Friday. That alone made me almost start crying. Since we were one the dance schedule, I don't get a prep so I was really stressed about how to get everything ready after being gone for four weeks. Cami really answered my prayers and had no idea why. She just said I probably was overwhelmed so she wanted to make me coming back as easy as possible. I am so exhausted but Ryan is such a great dad and always so considerate with me. 
Saturday I got my hair done, same as last time and I cut off about 4 inches. So, this is after my haircut. I stayed home Saturday and tried to clean the house. I kept getting sidetracked by Maya or phone calls, or the internet.. I don't really enjoy cleaning. :) Ryan went flying in the afternoon and then helped me put together Maya's dresser for her room. My mom sent me curtains that match the quilt she made, but my picture is horrible so I will take a new one for the next time I update.
We have had 3 earthquakes, all about 2.8 and all from about the same area in Saratoga Springs, about 5 miles from our house in the last 3 days. The first one was Friday, one last night, and another one about an hour ago. It kind of freaks me out. Okay, it really freaks me out. We have 72 hour kits, but we don't for Maya or a plan for Kula. Everyone tells me it is fine, but we all know I can be dramatic, and I am officially freaked out. Today was really nice outside. Really nice. So, we took Maya out on a walk. We walked about 2.5 miles.
Maya slept through the whole walk, and then was bright eyed when we got back. We have been having a lot of fun skyping with Kylee and Brook so that Maya can see her aunts. However, Maya is not always up to the conversation. I will update again with Maya's one month stats after her appointment tomorrow. I am interested to see how much she weighs. :)
She is soo precious!




1 comments:
I would be so freaked out with the earthquakes too! I don't think you are crazy being prepared or overprepared. Or thinking about a plan for that matter. All those others that aren't prepared and stuck in a bad situation will wish they were like you. We don't even have our 72 hour kits together and I think about it all of the time.
Post a Comment