CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Time with Daddy

Since most of the pictures are Ryan and Maya, I would just like to say I actually am there, I am just taking the pictures.  :) 

 Maya started checking out her hands.  She likes to suck on her thumb.  Tiffany said she did that when she was little too. 
She does not love being swaddled, but once she is all snuggled in, she is perfectly content.  At night, she likes her hands out and we can hear her grunting all night trying to work them out.  Sometimes she is successful and we will find her asleep with her hands above her head.  I am not a very good swaddler, and she can work out of it within a matter of seconds .   Ryan is a pro.
We bought a B.O.B. stroller.  I found one online that was last year's model so it was over 200.00 cheaper than a new one.  So, we decided to buy it.  Ryan is doing a relay in June with my cousins and is trying to get into shape for it.  He has been slacking on his running because we didn't have anything for Maya to ride in.  I also bought a car seat adapter so we can put her car set in it.   I also bought her a book called, "Tell me again about the night I was born".  It is a book on adoption.  So cute.  I went a little amazon crazy that day. 

My friend Cami (the other art teacher I work with), made Maya this blanket.  It has holes in it so you can strap it into the carseat and then still wrap her up.  She loves it.  Her other blanket we had in it is too hot for her in this warmer weather. 

Maya started smiling.  It is so cute!! I love it when she smiles when I talk to her.  We make a little sound like an owl and she will coo back or she will give us big smiles.  She thinks it is so funny, and we finally caught a smile on camera!

This is just a cute picture. 
Watching T.V. with daddy.   I love this picture!

I had parent/teacher conferences this week which equal 13 hour days. Most of them went pretty well.  Since I am part time, I only have to attend one night at Union, which I did on Tues. and then was at Lehi on Wed.  I told my students at union, it was on the board for 2 weeks at least, and I still had angry parents that came on Wed.  Most of it was from students that didn't turn in their work and are failing and some how that becomes my fault.  On one day, that was particularly a stressful day, I heard a student walk past my door and say "Mrs. Lind is the best teacher ever!!"  Made my whole week.  I hear so many complaints it was nice to hear a compliment.  I also had my administration come and observe me for my last two observations.  I have to be observed 4 times (twice a semester) for the first 3 years in this district.  I passed it though!  I lost my car keys which I still haven't found, and started working out at 5 in the morning.  I had a couple of days that Maya got up at 4 am and I couldn't get back to sleep.  By Friday I was beyond exhaustion.   Maya and I had talks all week about going to bed early, however, she did not comply.  Friday she had a special treat for me.  She slept through the night!!  She slept through the night last night too.  It has been heavenly.  I even got a really good nap in today.   Friday I also remembered I have to take a professional development test for my relicensure on this coming Saturday.  I completely forgot about it and now I have only a week to study.  Between this test, school, and work I feel really stressed and all I really want to do is spend time with Maya.  Another week here we go! 

2 comments:

Tippidy

I love that you have talks with her! Haha! I love and miss you guys! She is a daddy lover, seriously so dang cute I can't even stand it!

Kristi M.

You guys got lucky with one of the cutest babies ever! My sister also had a little chat with her now 4 month old daughter about sleeping through the night so she can go to work every day with some sleep. Her daughter also didn't listen. I have a friend that has a BOB and loves it! The best in doing outdoor running/walking with children.