CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tough week

This week has been a tough week for me at work.  A student at one of my schools committed suicide last week.  I did not have him, but I have a lot of students that were obviously effected.  I don't know what I am suppose to say when students make remarks in class.  It is really sad, and I wish this little boy understood that he was loved and that life can be better.  That was Monday. 
Tuesday I forgot my keys for school and had to find a janitor to let me into my room.  Wednesday my hair dryer broke and I had to go to school with wet hair.  Thursday I found out my principal at Lehi Jr. took a job at the district.  I am not sure what that will mean for my job.  He has let me have a sub to leave early every time our schedule changes at Union, which is every other week.  He has really bent over backwards for me and I am really sad that he is leaving.  Friday I sent out progress reports because 1/2 my students are failing in every class.  So, I decided to let parents know what students were doing in class.  It is so frustrating to me.  I give students plenty of time to finish everything in class, I talk to them about their missing work, I tell them to turn things in, and then go to grade it and nothing.  Hopefully the progress reports will help.  I think students think they get an easy A in art class and don't expect that art class is like any other class, you have to work.  Ok, I will get off my soap box.

Saturday I had to take a Professional Learning Community test, and as most of you have already read about on Facebook, the experience was not a good one.  I won't know how well I did for another 4 weeks.  I have to pray I pass the first time, or I am not sure if I can get my teaching license renewed for next year before the year starts.  Stress.

Maya has had a cold all week, and has been a little more fussy than usual.

Ryan's running buddies.  Maya doesn't like to be buckled in, but once you get going she loves it. 
She loves being outdoors. 


Tummy time is hard work.

This is the saddest look she gives you right before she starts to cry.  It is so sad, but kind of cute too.


Maya and mommy love to talk to one another.  Maya will coo and smile and I try to get her to say mom. It is a game we play every night.  She thinks it is hilarious and gets really proud of herself when she makes the noise first, and I make one back to her.  It is so cute.

Making faces. 

After bath time. 

Maya is 8 weeks old!
She loves to sit in this chair, it vibrates and she will just relax and look around.  Today was so nice that we let her sit outside while daddy barbecued chicken for dinner.  She loved it.  I am so excited that spring is finally coming! 

This week we are going to Boise!  I am so excited, I hope this week goes by fast!! 

0 comments: