CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Painting the fence.

This week has been a busy one!  It was art week at Union, which is so fun for students, too busy for me!  I went to an emergency preparedness meeting on Wednesday.  Our bishop has been talking to our ward about being prepared and so they are doing 4 meetings.  This one was on shelter.  It was really interesting and  I learned some things.  They said that if something were to happen here, they would call the men out to help outside the home, and the women will be left to take care of the family.  So, I guess I should learn how to protect the family in an emergency here!  My dad came into town this week too.  He came to SLC to talk to some publishers about his book and went to the Springville Museum of Art.  Usually it takes 10 years to get to show your work in that museum, but they saw his work and asked him to do a show!!  I am so excited for my dad.  I didn't take any pictures of Poppy and Maya because he wasn't feeling very well while he was down here and decided it was best to not hold her.  She found him really interesting though.  It was cute.
 Yesterday was the first day all week that it didn't rain so we decided to go out!  I got Maya all ready.
She was excited.
 I rode my bike and Ryan decided to take Maya in the stroller on his Rollerblades.  We went about 4 miles or so.  I have been working out in the mornings and I could definitely tell a difference.  I wasn't even tired yet.  It was awesome!
 Last year we discovered the Provo/Jordan River trail.  It is like the greenbelt but not as nice. Last year however, it was flooded and so we couldn't go on it.  Yesterday we decided to try it out. 
Ryan was setting his phone to see how far we went.  Maya obviously was enjoying herself. 
 When we got home we decided to do some work around the townhomes.  Every year they do a mandatory HOA clean up day and we couldn't make it.  Our landlords couldn't make it either, and asked us if we wanted to make up the day and they would deduct our rent, so we did.  The HOA president is our neighbor so we asked what we could do.  He wanted us to work on painting the fence, so that is what we did. 
 Ryan getting the paint ready. 
 Starting to paint.
 Ryan working hard. 
 I am working just as hard.

Maya hung out with us while we worked.  She really enjoyed being outside with us.  It was a fun weekend.

0 comments: