It seems like it has been awhile since I have updated. I am back at school, and we have no air conditioning. It has been beyond miserable at school and I come home with headaches and almost in a panic I feel so hot. They gave me 5 fans, and I leave once a day to go to a cooler classroom. I have also had acid reflux that has been awful. The first night it happened, I was in so much pain I was throwing up and unable to move. It lasted for hours and I really wanted to go to the ER, I just couldn't make it out of the bathroom. Ryan finally woke up to see me hunched over in the bathroom, bawling. He gave me a blessing and I was able to make it back to the bed and sleep sitting up. The rest of the week, was about the same. Not as bad, but bad enough I would have gone to the hospital if I thought it would have done any good. I talked to the doctor's office several times, because I have had acid reflux for several years, and I am already on medicine for it. Finally, they gave me a prescription because of a nice nurse that listened to what I was saying was happening. Now, I only wake up for about a 1/2 an hour and tums will calm my stomach down, if at all. I was given the ok to start working out again and so I started this week. I worked really hard to lose the 10 inches I lost, and I don't really want to gain anymore than I am going to have too.
Maya, Ryan and I have all been adjusting to the new schedule. We finally were approved on W.I.C. to help us ease the burden of Maya's formula. I have never been so excited to be so poor! :) Since we had to go in for that, they weighed and measured Maya. She is 16 lbs and 7 ounces, (almost 8 months old) and 26 inches long. She is in the 30th percentile for both, but on her own curve so she is doing really good. They want us to feed her more baby food, but I am nervous about it because Maya gets really constipated with just baby food once a day.
It has been too hot upstairs (since we don't have a/c at home either, rather a swamp cooler that only cools the area directly below the vent upstairs) to let Maya sleep with a blanket, which she loves to do, so instead she sleeps with her book. This is her getting ready to go to sleep. She really does not like pacifiers at all, and she will only suck her thumb when she is really tired. Then she snuggles up to her book, rolls to her side and goes to sleep.
We took Tiffany to the Bean Museum last week. Maya was not really interested in it, (neither was I), so we didn't stay long and went to Jamba Juice instead. We love seeing Tiffany!
Maya's hair is getting thick and curly especially when it is humid outside. She is trying to sit up, and is getting really close.
Her favorite toys include: the lid from her bottle, seen here and
A cardboard box, which she played in for hours.
So cute.
Getting ready for the BSU game. We went to my friend Gina's house. Maya is only interested in football for a few seconds, so she played with Gina's girls upstairs and Gina let us have a "date night" and told her kids they couldn't come downstairs until after the game. Ryan and I had a lot of fun. I love the fall!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment