CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fall Break

I have been counting down the days until fall break, and I was excited this week finally got here.  School was busy this week, not to mention the end of the quarter is almost here.  We had the kids with no missing assignments make glass pumpkin necklaces or magnets that the kids got to grind and take home this week.  I met with someone who is going to help me get my hours for my last semester of my Master's, however, Canyons School District is not really helping me get all the paperwork I need so it feels like an uphill battle all the time. 
 Ryan and Maya had some fun at home, however, before fall break started. 
Maya was watching Ryan bbq outside.  She started this new thing where she smashes her face against the window when she is looking outside.   The dirty window was actually the outside part where Kula had been licking, not the part Maya was licking.  :)

Wednesday night I hosted, (I had completely forgot I was hosting) our mom co-op.  We get our articles from the powerofmoms.com and then met once a month.  This month's was on traditions.  It fit right in with this weekend, because Ryan and I were talking on our way into the canyon about how we go up at the same time every year, so inadvertently we started a tradition.

Fall break started pretty uneventful.  Thursday we ran some errands.  Ryan bought some calf sleeves to help him with his shin splints.  He is running the Halloween 1/2 marathon next Saturday.    Then we went to RC Willey and found a mattress we both want but aren't sure if we can afford yet and Toys R Us for christmas ideas for Maya. 

Friday was so nice, so we took Maya to the park.  I think this was her first trip to the park where she actually got to play on the equipment. 

 She loved the swing.  She held on for dear life, but she loved it. 
 She is really excited about the slide, but it was NOT her favorite.  She didn't cry ever, but she was really concerned and had a constant scowl on her face after her first trip down.
 They had this little tunnel.  Maya loves to crawl under her round about and play, so we thought she would love this.  She would hit her hands on the side, or kick her feet to make noise, but she refused, REFUSED to crawl in it.  Ryan would even nudge her a little and I would call her from the other side, where she could see me, and she would just scoot herself out backwards instead.  It was making Ryan and I laugh really hard.
We brought our picnic blanket and let Maya crawl around on the grass and explore, but she ended up finding the camera and spent most of her time chewing on it.

 Today we drove up the American Fork Canyon and stopped at the Timpooneke Trail head.  The first hike we started down, we don't think was really a hiking trail.  After we got walking down it, it became very narrow and rocky and not maintained at all.  Ryan suggested we turn around and go a different route, which we did.  We brought Kula, who was incredibly naughty the whole time, but Maya thought he was so funny.  She would squeal and laugh every time he would run in front of us.  S
While I hate the way I look in this picture it makes me laugh because it looks like Maya is jumping into the back of the picture and waving. 
This is right next to where we turned to go down another trail.  It was far easier to walk on, and probably the actual trail we were suppose to take. :)

There were a ton of trails you could hike, so we started up this one as well.  I am definately getting a baby belly.
This trail was so beautiful.  It had tons of fall leaves, which is what I wanted to see.  Maya loved being in the outdoors.  She would sing or giggle to herself the entire time we were walking.



Of course, so much fun is bound to wear out a little girl.
When we finally go home, we found her fast asleep in her car seat with that little lip sticking out.  So cute!  This has been a great weekend!! 

0 comments: