CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dylan Gregory

I started having really bad acid reflux on New Year's Eve.  I could not find a way to relieve it.  I was in a lot of pain, and I wasn't getting any sleep, but I knew I had a doctor's appointment on Wed. so I just tried every type of remedy that I could find to get some relief.  I went in to my appointment and the nurse told me I had a lot of protein in my urine.  I didn't know what that meant.  She took my blood pressure, then again.  She then said the doctor would check it out.  I said is it high? She said, yes a little.  The doctor came in, and my blood pressure was 212 over something.  She told me I was going to need to go to labor and delivery.  I asked if I should call Ryan.  She told me I should.  I went down thinking they were just doing tests and within 5 minutes I was checked in, and put on magnesium.  They told me I had severe preclamsia and that they were going to try to keep our little boy in the oven as long as they could.  I wasn't having acid reflux, the pain I was feeling was because my liver was so inflamed.  They started giving me steroids to help Dylan's lungs develop.  It takes 48 hours, so their goal was to keep Dylan cookin until then.  He started not moving as much, and showing distress, and on day 2 I was getting an ultrasound every 4 hours to check if he was still moving.  On Friday, my doctor told me I was going to be induced.  Maybe 10 minutes later, they came back and said I was going to be prepped for a c-section.  I was in the O.R. within the hour.  Dylan was born at 10:43 am on Friday Jan 6th.  He weighed 2 lbs and 10 ounces.  He was immediately taken to the NICU and we didn't get to see him until later.  My blood pressure stayed really high, getting to 232 over 124 on Sunday night where I was taken back to labor and delivery and given IV drugs to keep it down.  I am now on a lot of meds to keep my blood pressure down.  I was discharged on Tuesday and had to leave little Dylan in the hospital.  He is doing really well, no major complications and all the nurses say he is really feisty.  He is expected to be in the NICU until March. 

Dylan has a whole head of sandy blonde hair.  The nurses said he would have a mop-top if he went full term!
 Dylan's diaper that is too big for him! 
 Getting to hold Dylan, 1 week old, for the first time.
Two proud parents, one sweet boy. 
 Maya isn't allowed to come see him yet because of RSV season and she doesn't really know what is going on, but she is a big sister all the same! 

2 comments:

kc and k

What an ordeal! Glad you are all hear and doing well. Can't wait to meet the little guy in person. Love his hair!

Kelsey

Love the family pictures!