CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

All things for a reason

It has been a long time since I have really felt the Lord's hand in what I am doing. I have been thinking about the things which had happend at this time last year, and all the events since: My parents getting a divorce (while Ryan and I were living with them, awkward) , my grandparents passing away, Ryan being laid-off, the adoption process and fees, etc. I was starting to feel a little like, when is it our turn to have things go our way... you know, bitter, selfish, a little bit of self pity. Ever since Ryan and I decided to move, I have seen the Lord's hand in everything. I finally, finally got my teaching license on Thursday, we are looking for houses to buy, I got a teaching job...etc. I just am overwhelmed with gratitude and with the feeling that Ryan and I are doing the right thing. I just thought I would share. Proof that I got my license. Now I just need to transfer that to Utah. Friday I talked to my principal, they quoted me the wrong hourly wage, I am getting paid 6.00 more an hour then I previously was told! Double from what I make at Shopko!! Ryan and I adopted another puppy. We wanted Kula to have a friend. She is a Husky/German Shepherd mix and is 8 months old. I named her Kodiak. She is tiny and she is scared of anything that moves, breaths, or makes a noise. For instance, I was scooping her food, HER FOOD, out of the bag, and I found her curled up in the back of the crate shaking. However, Kodiak and Kula get along and have fun. When we got her she was almost house broke, (yes at 8 months) and knew no commands. She is now completely house broke, and she knows sit and down, but will only do them for treats.

I tried to get a picture so you could see the difference in size, but it was hard getting two dogs to sit still, so excuse my hand in the picture.

4 comments:

kc and k

Good title to your post.

Yeah, I'm so glad things are going your way.

(kinda sad about you leaving though)

BrookandDBeckham

Congratulations! Kodiak was a good name too.

christy

Poor little dog, must have had a bad past to be that nervous. Good thing he has a good home now.
I know how you feel. I have felt that way many times but it does always end up that the Lord had a better reason for everything and I realize it later.

Cathy Lott

Thanks for the thank you note. I am happy for your job and that things are going well. We have also felt the hand of the Lord in our lives so many times. Glad things are going well.