CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Kojo

Last Tuesday, I had a horrible Kojo experience. Let me explain. As many of you know, I now have Kula at my house. For those of you who don't know, Kula is our yellow lab and he is just over a year old. I have one door to my house, which you have to walk down about 12 steps (and with the light out, which it was, it is completely black) before you get to the door, which is behind the garage, tucked in a corner. Basically, to get to my apartment, you have to know that it is there. So, I don't really worry about shutting the door tight, or even really closing it, when I let Kula out. We have a backyard, but it has no fence, so I have to go outside to let Kula out and stand there while he does his buisness. Anyway, so Kula and I had just come in, and we were in my bedroom down the hall getting ready for bed. I could hear a dog barking, and at first I was sure it was just upstairs. Well, Ryan called, as he always does, to say goodnight. While he was on the phone, I said, "I think this dog is in my apartment. It sounds like it is in the house." So, while Ryan was on the phone, I decided to investigate. Kula went first and we walked past the computer room, then the hall T's. To the right is the Kitchen, and to the left is the tiny bathroom and the front door. Well, right where it T's Kula stops. The dog is now growling and barking, and Kula is frozen, and starts a very low growl. Well, this of course, scared the living-well you know- out of me. But, Ryan was on the phone, so I investigated further...
I have now elliminated the idea of the dog being in the house, because he is no where to be seen, but I can still hear him growling and barking. So, I walk up to the door. I hear paws run down the stairs, and then start growling and barking at the door. Holy Crap! I don't know what to do, because Kula is scared, and my only way out of the house is being blocked by a maniac dog. So, I put Kula in his crate, and turn out the lights and go in the bedroom. Maybe he will think we all went to bed and then go away. All of a sudden I hear him growling and barking outside my window, which has no screen and I am pretty sure, no convinced, that if you push on the window it will just pop open. (It is a really old window). At this point, Ryan says to call the police and tell them about the dog. So I go into the computer room, and the dog gets into our window well and is barking and growling at me through the window. I can see that it is a pitbull, and a crazy pitbull at that. So, I tell Ryan I have to go, and I call the police.
About 10 minutes pass, and I hear a knock at the door. The policeman has a smile on his face, and says, "The weirdest thing, that dog was just sitting at the top of the stairs barking, I've never seen a dog just do that, but when he saw us, he ran away". I was thinking, yeah, I know he was a crazy pitbull, probably had rabies, trying to break into my apartment. I then sigh a breath of relief, and casually say, "what kind of dog was it?" "Oh" replies the police officer, supressing a laugh, "a doxin puppy". That is right, I called the police for a little tiny Weiner Dog Puppy! Needless to say, I am quite the entertainment at the police station right now.

2 comments:

christy

that is so funny. lots of light does wonders.

Tamio & Anna

Ha Ha! I have some classic family stories that would fit into that category too. Once there was a parrot outside my window and another time I ran over a goose...only after this life will we really know...glad you are still alive!