CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 02, 2008

New Purchase


Last week Ryan came up to visit. I was so excited, but the whole trip seemed rushed and stressful. We have been trying to find a cheap way to fence in the yard so Kula can be outside. Then we went to RC Willey's outlet store to look at a washer and dryer. We found a really good deal, we just had to pick them up there, so we went to purchase them and found out I have a problem with my account which I was unaware of. So, the whole weekend of rushing around to no avail. I start to feel a little overwhelmed with pity. The washer and dryer would have saved us money, and me a trip to the lame old laundry mat. I just don't understand the grand scheme of things.
So for Halloween, I got invited to my friend Gina's house. Her husband took her kids trick or treating, and we stayed and talked while she answered the door. It was fun to have so many kids coming to her house. Gina is also convinced that we need to buy the house down the block from her, so we went for a walk to look at it. I loved her neighborhood and the house is really cute with a big yard, I just don't want to buy anything until I have a contract job next year. So, while we were out she said, "Oh I forgot the neighbors down the street are selling a washer and dryer for cheap, we should stop by". Well, we went and looked at them, the are really nice, front loaders (which I am really excited about) and they were 1/2 the price of the washer and dryer at RC Willey. I know that to some this might not seem like a big deal, but I truly, honestly, HATE laundry more then any other household job, and the laundry mat is such a pain, and a lot of times there are weird people there. I have just felt such gratitude that the Lord is watching over me, even when I can't see it. So, needless to say... I bought them!!!! Hooray, hooray! We have them loaded on the back of Gina's truck but they are really heavy so we are having trouble finding people to help us unload them. But, still, I have a washer and dryer!!!!! I am becoming a grown-up.

3 comments:

christy

It is a great thing! Laundry mats are creepy and it wastes a lot of time when you have to hang around and wait for it and it's expensive.

kc and k

Whooo Hooo! No more laundry mat!

Janell

Congratulations! I can still remember getting my first washer and dryer and how HAPPY I was to be able to wash whenever I wanted right at home. Good for you.