CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

This is the first year Ryan and I have spent Thanksgiving just the two of us. We had our traditional breakfast which is: Albertson's donuts. Then we lazed around the house. We made dinner, and I printed out the word's to Come Ye Thankful People Come, which sounded pretty bad between the two of us, I kind of kept giggling, but it is tradition. Then Ryan gave the prayer, we announced what we were thankful for, and dug in. This is Ryan getting ready to sing. He has the words in his hand. When I got the rolls Ryan said I could have as many as I wanted and I didn't have to worry about them being gone when I wanted more. Clay, I am sure gets it. I also made the marshmallow jello.
Ryan carving the turkey with our wedding knife we used for the cake. First time it has been used in 3 1/2 years. My centerpiece. This is me cooking. Please notice, that this is my ENTIRE kitchen, and as you can see, I was not exaggerating about no counter space. Afterwards we played monopoly which I schooled Ryan at, and then did the dishes. The only thing that is missing is a Thanksgiving movie, but we will just have to settle for t.v. Our smoked turkey was delicious and Ryan said my pie was good. Thanks for the Key Lime Pie Brook, it was good too. Happy Thanksgiving, we love you all and missed the family!








2 comments:

kc and k

Awww, what a sweet little Thanksgiving. We could have used you guys when we sang the song this year. It kinda reminded me of when the Thurstons sing "Happy Birthday." I can imagine what it was like with just the two of you.

Janell

We missed being with you this year. We sang, of course, and it sounded pretty good. Must be strength in numbers. Come and see us.