After two weeks in Boise, Ryan and I are back home, and our life in Utah has resumed. Ryan is still looking for a job, and I am teaching again. We came back on Saturday so we had a day to recuperate from being away so long, but I still haven't put away my Christmas decorations yet. While in Boise, we didn't take a lot of pictures, sorry. We had fun relaxing, seeing family and getting some reading done. Every morning a little 2 year old would come in and say, "The sun is up, get up you lazy bums...Kula boy, Kula boy" I think she enjoyed seeing Kula more then she cared if we got up or not. I finished "A History of Joseph Smith" by Lucy Mack Smith and a book about Emma Smith, as well. I have truly gained an appreciation for the Smith family that I had not before had and my testimony has grown. For Christmas Ryan's parents got each one of their kids, "The Power of Personal Accountability" by Samuel & Chiche. We have decided to break up the chapters for Family Home Evening lessons, and today we are starting with the suggestions from the first chapter, so we are doing a lot of reading. Ryan was scheduled to fly while we were down there, but the plane is down for maintenance and so he didn't get to fly. Hopefully the roads will be clear this weekend so he can go down and finish his license!!!

This is right before I left, obviously not the cutest picture, but I had so few to choose from.

One day Ryan and I took Kula out and went out to Marsing and then over towards Melba. We stopped at the historical spots, and let Kula run around. I really enjoy just going on little drives and we use to go all over so, we had fun.

We thought this place had some trails to go on, but it turned out to be a place for motorcycles so we just let Kula run around.

This is Ella helping Grandma put away Christmas decorations. I didn't get any pictures of Kres because I forgot to take out my camera!

We came home to a lot of snow and ice. For Christmas Ryan gave me a desk calendar that has a new German phrase everyday. (I am teaching myself German) My phrase for today is: Es liegt viel Schnee which means There's a lot of snow. Fitting since it has been snowing all afternoon and evening here. These are some icicles that are one the way to our door. (That is not our door in the background but the upstairs door). I am surprised that the plywood holding up their a/c hasn't broken yet!
Here is a semi-accurate picture of going down to our place. This is one of the reasons we call it "The Hole". With out the light on, it is pitch black going down the stairs. At least our landlord fixed the water heater before we came home! Our bedroom's vent is closed, and broken so we can't open it and our room is freezing. I swear you can see your breath in there!! But, we are grateful to have a place to live with Kula.
Getting back to work was tiring. I am finally getting the sick that everyone else has had and was miserable the whole drive home, Sunday and now today. I had to really think to figure out what we were doing, and who was who since I hadn't been there for so long. We only have 2 more classes and then the semester is over. I stayed late today to start getting the changes I needed to do for next semester. The schools street was cleared for the buses, but snowplow didn't clear the way to the parking lot which is where all the snow from the street went. I had to really gun it to get into the parking lot, and then almost got stuck on my way out. Right now I am wishing I lived somewhere sunny and warm.
1 comments:
I bet you'll have lots of stories to tell about "the hole!"
Post a Comment