CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Back to Boise

We are finally on Spring Break, and Ryan and I decided to go back to Boise for a few days. My dad told me he would help me with my art portfolio, to make it look more professional so I will be ready for job interviews. We drove up Saturday and that night we dyed eggs with Ella. Kylee bought her wedding dress, so she showed me pictures. Gorgeous! Sunday we watched the first half of conference and then had our traditional Easter dinner with everybody, minus Brook and Jordan. I have had a cold and felt pretty worn out by then, so I went upstairs and laid down until later in the evening. I was pretty exhausted. Amber asked us if we would watch Ella on Monday, since everyone in Boise were heading back to work. We got up and got ready for the day. I was a little embarrassed about my unfortunate hair styling skills but Ella said it looked ok so oh well. We took Ella to the MK nature center to look at the fishes. It was raining and cold, but she kept saying we should just try it and she would say if she was too cold. So we did.
Ryan and Ella checking out the fish in the pond.



Ella and Ryan checking out the top of the waterfall. Ella recognized that we were close to Grandma's work, so she asked if we could go see her. So I called my mom and we stopped by. It was almost noon so my mom suggested we just meet her and my dad for lunch.


Ella and I waiting for Grandma and Grandpa to show up. My special Ed class is doing Flat Stanley's and I took one home with me. Ella actually played with Flat Stanley the entire day and taught him how to pray by folding his arms and bowing his head. Too cute. After lunch Ryan and I were going to drop by Elise's house (Ryan's sis) to see her and Henry but we couldn't get a hold of her so Ryan suggested we go to the zoo, and even though it was cold outside, Ella said she wanted to go.


Ella was really good about telling me when she got cold but she refused to put her jeans on over her pants, so I gave her my jacket, to which she said she was so warm.

Ella loved the Lions. We had to look at them a couple of times. Plus you walk into a room that is a replica of an African classroom, so it was warm. The lioness really liked Ella. In fact, she ran straight to the window and swiped at her. Twice. Ryan and I both jumped, but Ella just says, "look, she came over to say hi. She is waving at me." Afterward, she told me "When I grow up I am going to be an animal watcher at this zoo". I believe it. She wasn't scared at all.


Ryan had a quarter and helped Ella feed the goats. At first she was a little timid but after Ryan showed her a few times, she decided it was worth a try.

You can't see them very well, but Ryan and Ella were laughing hysterically when they were looking out those little bubbles at the ground hogs.


You can get an idea of Ella's hair from this picture. This was after the 2nd try. I took it out before Amber got home. :) Ella begged me to take a picture of the penguins with her and Flat Stanley. After the zoo we stopped by Elise's but I forgot to bring my camera in. It was a short visit but good to see them. It was a busy day, but it was a lot of fun.


Tuesday I went to visit one of my best friend's Lindsey and her baby girl Riley. We had a lot of fun catching up and it made me wish we lived closer to one another. We also went to visit Kres and Beckham and came over at a good time. Kylene was just walking out the door and need a quick babysitter.


I told Kres to smile for the picture, and this was is pose.

I went upstairs to get Beckham from his nap, and I had some helpers.

Beckham is so cute.
We had a great time visiting family and friends while we were in town. We love you guys!

1 comments:

Janell

Family is so great. It sounds like you had a great weekend.