We got there really early because I was worried about traffic.
I had been telling Ryan it is tradition to get cotton candy at a baseball game, so we got some. Yum.
And the game is underway.

And to help celebrate Ryan's birthday, The SLC Bees put on a firework show afterwards. It was the opening game, and that might have had something to do with it too. Saturday we got up and went to the Hill Aerospace Museum. Ryan loves looking at planes, and I just don't see the fascination with it, but it's all in the name of love, right? There were a lot of people there, which surprised me, but Ryan said a lot of people are fascinated with flying. I just am not one of them. :)
I kept trying to get Ryan to push things, or crawl up on things so I could get pictures, but he didn't want to get kicked out for a photo.


This is the first half of the museum.

In the second half of the museum.
Ryan reading something.



This is the first half of the museum. 
In the second half of the museum.
Ryan reading something.
Ryan loves to learn about history and thus, when we go to any museum he likes to read each plaque as we are walking by. This is fine. Except, I just like to look and move on. The problem presents itself when I have walked through the entire museum, sometimes twice, and Ryan is still at the beginning. So, usually I tell him to meet after so much time. That way, he can spend his time as he wants, and I can spend my time the way I want. Our method works, for the most part but, for Ryan's birthday, I told him I would not set a certain time limit and that he could take as much time as he wanted. We got to the museum around one, and by 2:30 I was starting to fade. I was so hungry and had absolutely no energy. So I told Ryan I was just going to sit and then catch up later. I didn't complain or tell him we should go. I just sat in front of a little video and learned about some airplane. Ryan came and told me he was done, and I think really, he took pity on me, because he said I looked like I need to eat. Ryan wanted Cafe Rio for dinner. We searched for it on his Garmin GPS and found one 3 miles away, when we drove to the destination, which took much longer because of construction and a wreck, it wasn't Cafe Rio's but Cafe Rico's. So we had do drive clear to Taylorsville before we ate lunch.
We both bought hats at the souvenir shop before we left. But I don't have a picture of Ryan's.
When we got home, I still had a million errands to run. I forgot wrapping paper, and then we needed a few things for dinner. Once we finished all that, I started making Ryan's cake for today. He chose marble cake, which is fine with me, since that is my favorite. I was getting out the eggs, and one of the eggs was completely frozen!
My plan this morning was to get up and make Ryan breakfast in bed, but I woke up to the smell of oil. Ryan had gotten up earlier then me and was making us scones for breakfast!
Happy Birthday Ryan! 
We both bought hats at the souvenir shop before we left. But I don't have a picture of Ryan's.When we got home, I still had a million errands to run. I forgot wrapping paper, and then we needed a few things for dinner. Once we finished all that, I started making Ryan's cake for today. He chose marble cake, which is fine with me, since that is my favorite. I was getting out the eggs, and one of the eggs was completely frozen!
My plan this morning was to get up and make Ryan breakfast in bed, but I woke up to the smell of oil. Ryan had gotten up earlier then me and was making us scones for breakfast!
Happy Birthday Ryan! 
He got to open his mariner shirt up earlier because I had to order it online. He also got some movies, and a hat washer thing. I wrapped some of our old movies up and but the ones he wanted in the big box, since he was expecting that I get it. I thought it was hilarious when he opened his present of 2 movies that we already had! I also got him kabob baskets but I didn't remember Amber bought him those for Christmas. Now we can kabob for 4 instead of just 2.


Getting a closer look. 



3 comments:
you should have called and asked me! of course i know where the closest cafe rio is up here. it is off antelope dr right across from target. we walk by and just look at the planes too...
Happy Birthday Ryan! I was excited to find your blog on the McKay's and it is exciting to read that you were able to move out of that basement apartment. I had to laugh because I have been to that museum many times because my dad always had to stop if we were in Utah. Jeff also likes to read everything which can get pretty boring and I like to look, maybe read a little and move on. I totally feel your boredom sometimes. What a fun birthday.
I should have called you Christy. I was starving! And we drove right by there. If only I knew then what I know now!! Besides, the one in Taylorsville is a little scary. :)
Post a Comment