Ryan and I went to Boise this last weekend. There were a number of reasons why this was a good weekend to go, Clay's triathlon, Kylee's bridal shower, and our wedding anniversary. We thought and thought of what we could do for it, and decided if we were going to Boise, we can celebrate by spending the day at Lucky Peak. We drove up Wed. at 5 in the morning. I didn't have air conditioning that worked so we went early to beat the heat. Wednesday we shopped with my sisters at the mall. I found a few new shirts for the school year and I was very excited about it. Thursday marked our 5th wedding anniversary. We borrowed Ryan's parent's jet ski and went up to Lucky Peak. 
We jet skied over to this beach, only to discover we could have walked there with all our stuff instead, but it was a perfect spot.

Getting ready to go have some fun.
Ryan and I like to take turns on the jet ski, as opposed to both riding at the same time. Guess who that is.
Getting ready for a big trick,

We jet skied over to this beach, only to discover we could have walked there with all our stuff instead, but it was a perfect spot.
Getting ready to go have some fun.
Wait for it...
Oh, yeah, that was it.
I might be a little more cautious then Ryan.
We packed a lunch and had a picnic up there.
We also swam around in the reservoir before going back out. There was a trout that was swimming around me feet while I was out there. I thought that was fun. We thought we would only be a few hours, but ended up staying until we ran out of gas. It was a fun day, and very relaxing. Afterwards, we went home, got cleaned up, and went to dinner. We ended up going to Johnny Carino's. I love that restaurant. They gave us a free dessert since it was our anniversary too! We stayed the night at the Riverside in a suite that was bigger than our first apartment. I think this was the most celebrating we have done for a few years!
Friday, my mom called and told us she got us in to get our car fixed at Glad's. We have always really liked that place, they are very honest and always stay with in the price they tell you. So, we spent the day getting the air conditioner fixed. I feel like I have a luxury vehicle now because it has been so long since I have felt that cool air! We also stopped over at Ryan's sister's home and visited for awhile. We went to the movies that evening. We were planning on going as part of Thursday night celebrations but my mom wanted to see it, so we waited until she could go. So we went to Inception with my parents. It was a pretty good movie.
Saturday we went to see Clay's triathlon. We left last of the family, but got the least lost, so we arrived still in time to see Clay come in from the bike part and then come in from the 5K. I am really proud of Clay for doing it!

The kids were excited. They made shirts but wouldn't hold still long enough for a good picture, but they also held up signs.

After the bike part, we went down to see Clay come in to the finish line.

There he goes!
Good job Clay!

Ryan's favorite.
The whole family.
We went to church with my family, then over to Bryson and Heather's for lunch with Ryan's family. It was fun to see their house, and to catch up with everyone. Then we went back to my family to spend time with Kylee and Shane. Busy, busy weekend.
After the bike part, we went down to see Clay come in to the finish line.
There he goes!
Ryan and I spent the rest of the afternoon jet skiing with Elise, Jared and Ryan's dad. It was a lot of fun. We tried taking Kula for the first time. He wanted to chase the boats, and followed Ryan when Ryan was on the jet ski, all in all, a little naughty, but he had a good time.
Saturday night was Kylee's bridal shower party. I went with my mom and we had a lot of fun. The pictures I have of Kylee opening her presents turned out too dark, so sorry Kylee for not getting represented either! (Only, I don't think she really reads this blog).
Sunday we went to Veteran's Memorial Park and my dad took professional pictures for us for our adoption web page. I was really excited that he agreed to do it, and even more excited because they turned out pretty good!

Ryan's favorite.
The whole family.We went to church with my family, then over to Bryson and Heather's for lunch with Ryan's family. It was fun to see their house, and to catch up with everyone. Then we went back to my family to spend time with Kylee and Shane. Busy, busy weekend.
While in Boise, I learned that one of my good friends, Lindsey, is in the hospital. Please keep her in your prayers. She is a very talented artist, new mother, wife, sister, and friend and I love her dearly.




3 comments:
We loved having you visit...especially a little twerp named Ella!
Great family photos.
Love your family pictures! They look fantastic.
Post a Comment