Maya is three months old! I can't believe it! Maya finally started using her arms this week. She loves to kick her legs and move them from the moment she wakes up until she goes to sleep, but her arms haven't done much. This week she has started putting them straight out in front of her. She has to concentrate really hard to do it, but once they are up there she is so proud of herself. It is so cute. She also started scratching at her face. One day she would not keep her hands out of her eyes, and one of her eyes was getting so red, so we put on some mittens.
This picture makes me laugh because that face says, why are you doing this?
Sometimes it is tough being so small.
We took Maya on her first fishing trip on Saturday. We are still getting use to parenthood, and it was an experience fishing with a 3 month old. First, we had to get our fishing licenses which took almost an hour. The guy kept messing up and had to start over. Then, we got there and walked all over trying to find a place to go. There were a million people up there. We found a spot, but we had to crawl down an embankment to get to it. We forgot our chairs, and the place we went to had spiders everywhere, so I, of course, refused to sit on the ground. I am terrified of spiders. Maya had been really, really good to that point, but she was starting to get a little fussy by the time we got set up. So we started our trip like this: Then Ryan got all of our stuff ready.
I haven't been fishing for I don't know how long, so he showed me how to cast and lost my lure on the first cast. Of course, that was a sign that I wasn't going to catch anything. :) I tried to get it unstuck, but my reel wouldn't bring the line in, so I ended up making a big mess of fishing line.
Self Portrait, of course.
Ryan let me practice on his pole while he tried to unravel the mess I made on mine. The wind had picked up so you would cast off, and the line would blow back into shore almost immediately. The picture above is of my "catch". I got Ryan's line stuck but, I eventually got it out.
Maya spent most of the trip like this, but she started to get a little fussy after awhile. We wanted keep Maya as happy as possible since there was so many people around us but eventually she got done. I took her up to a picnic area and let her kick on the ground for awhile and let Ryan try to fish for awhile longer. We didn't catch anything, but we still had fun. We are going to try to go again this week while I am on spring break at one of my schools.




1 comments:
Life with children is so different. It took me a while to adjust. We used to be able to just get up and go wherever. Glad she slept a little for you though.
Post a Comment