CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Spring Break, sort of.

I had spring break this week at one of my schools but not at Lehi jr. so I had to still work in the mornings.  I wish I could have had a real spring break, but I guess I shouldn't complain.  We got tickets to go see the Carl Bloch Art Exhibit.  Ryan was suppose to come but "accidentally" scheduled a flight at the same exact time.  So, I asked Tiffany, our birth mom, if she wanted to come.  We weren't allowed to take pictures, so I didn't even bring my camera, but I need to take some pictures of Tiffany, Maya and me all together.   I was surprised because you could feel the spirit really strong when looking at the art.  I haven't felt that before.  There were a million people though.  We went through another exhibit at the museum and then met Ryan for lunch.  It was really fun. 
I also bought strawberries and a new blender, since I didn't have one and Ryan and Maya helped me make strawberry jam.  I am so excited because I love strawberry jam, like my Grandma used to make, and last year I only made enough for like a month.  I doubled it this time and now we are set for a little while. 

Maya was a little helper.  I tried to tell her everything I was doing as I was going and she thought it was really funny when I cut the strawberries. 
She thinks it is fun to sit in her highchair and feel like she is helping out.  This was while we were making our jam.

Of course, after such hard work, we needed a little r & r, so we watched a little t.v. on Hulu. 
Maya and Daddy playing together.  Maya thought this was so fun, but I couldn't catch her in a smile.  They played this little game for awhile.  She is definitely a daddy's girl.

Our Easter family portrait.  I didn't get a new Easter dress, but Maya did.  Thanks Grammy T.
So cute.


Maya in her Easter outfit.  She had on a little sweater, but she spit up all over it during church.

The Easter Bunny didn't leave any eggs for Maya, but a touch and feel Eric Carle book instead.  We had a ham dinner with Key Lime Pie for dessert and just enjoyed time together as a family. 

I love Easter because of the spirit I feel when I think about the atonement and how much our Savior loves each of us.  
Happy Easter!

1 comments:

Kristi M.

Those bunny ears are the best! I too love homemade jam. I am waiting until the prices of strawberries go down just a little more so I can make tons of freezer jam. The stuff in the store doesn't even come close.