CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Warning: Whining in this post....

This week has seemed really long for me. I am so behind in school, but I only have this semester and one more, so I am trying to get everything done.  It seems like it the stress just keeps piling on. Last week one of my students passed away.  It is the third death at our school in 4 weeks and was particularly hard for me.  The counselors had to come to my class and talk to my students and I have one poor little girl that crys everyday in class. Our school was in the news because of the deaths and we have been discussing as a school what we are doing to to help the community and the school.  One of the deaths was a suicide, one was from surgery, and the last, (my student) is undetermined at this point.  We also have been watching the district which has been in the news a lot this week because of racist allegations at one of the high schools.  The stress from it has poured into our school, and you can feel the teachers are stressed.  I made 2 students cry on Friday and one more that told me she thinks she is stupid because she doesn't understand her homework.  Poor thing! (Yes I did talk to her about how she is not stupid and offered to help her with her homework.)  I am ready for spring break, but don't actually get a spring break because I work at one school or the other during each of the breaks.  So, I was more than excited that the weekend finally came.  On a good note, I got to help interview students for a scholar program in art.  It was really fun to do and art week at one of our schools is coming up and we have fun activities planned all week. 
  No matter how hard school is, I always look forward to coming home to this:

Maya is so sweet, and I love her so much!  Ryan has been really helpful at home and has been trying to help out with the household things because he knows how stressed I have felt.  He watched Maya for awhile on Saturday too so I could study for a test I have tomorrow.  I do love that man. :) 
 Maya and I have fun hanging out with one another at night.  I have started reading her the same book every night.  It is one my mom gave me about the creatures in the sea.  Our doctor said it helps with language development, and Maya gets excited when she gets to see the pictures.  We also watched Tangled and she loves the music in it. 

We were going to go fishing on Saturday but when it started snowing, we decided it was too cold for Maya's first trip.  Instead, we got some firewood and made a fire downstairs.  We made cookies and then watched the Mariners game.


Maya and Kula have begun to tolerate each other.  For the most part, Kula is not that interested in Maya, but this week he has been laying down over by her or sitting by where she is.  That is until she crys, in which he leaves the room. :) 

Maya was not happy about this.  She was kicking on her mat and wiggled a little too much, we finally just took the bow off.

Ryan multi-tasking.

Watching Mariners baseball with daddy.
It was a very intense game. 
Watching the Mariners lose.  Maybe the next game...  




1 comments:

Kristi M.

What a tough few weeks for you. I am sure it makes it even tougher with a cute little baby at home waiting for you. I bet the days don't get done fast enough. I love Kula's reaction. Our two dogs we had when Gunnar came around went nuts thinking Gunnar was some sort of squirrel or something. Diesel, our Golden, with Brecken completely ignores him. Completely different experience. I LOVE the picture of Ryan's multitasking. That is some talent.