CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Utah Valley 5K

This week has been a busy one for us!  Ryan started on his summer hours, 6am to 2:30pm, and I finished up the school year.  We are still adjusting to new schedules.  Maya has a cold and went to the doctor this week.  She is 13 lbs, 12 ounces.  She is getting so big!  She got to start rice cereal this week too.  The doctor says she is pretty little for her age, so he wanted her to wait until she was 5 months before we started her.  She has been watching us eat and was definitely ready to start. 
 Forgive my tired face, I was getting ready to go work out, I have to go in the evenings now.  Maya was really excited when we started.
 Getting ready for her first bite.
 Not so sure.  After a few bites, she decided she HATED it and cried every time we tried to give her a bite!
I took Christy's suggestion and mixed the rice cereal with some pear juice.  She made a few faces, but over all she tolerates it now. 
 Saturday Ryan and I ran the Utah Valley Marathon's 5K.  Ryan signed us up for it a long time ago.  I had a lot of anxiety about it.  The last 5K I ran, the police cars all moved after I ran past.  I was a little embarrassed.   Here Maya and I are warming up.
 Ryan and I before the race.  I took off my hat because it was pretty warm.
 Ryan and Maya ran together.  He came in 6th for his age group, 60th overall and ran it in 26:09.  He wanted to do it under 25, but I still think he did fantastic.  Ragnar race is next!!
I ran a lot more of this race than I have been able to do, and so here is me trying to run in the last little bit.  I wanted to walk so bad, but didn't want to give up right before the finish line.  I finished in 51:09, second to last in my age group, and 349th out of 363 people.  Not too bad.  :) 

After the race Ryan and I went to the Riverton Arts Festival.  The art teacher that I work with puts the whole thing on, and told me I could have a booth last week, but that was not enough time for me to put together everything.  I told her I would do it next year for sure.  I bought a pie dish from her at a killer deal and some soap for my mom.  They had a ton of stuff for kids to do and a lot of vendor had hands on activities for kids.  We had a lot of fun.

 Getting to the festival.
 Maya thought the sunscreen was fun.
 Ryan and I bought a funnel cake to split.  It was good, but needed some honey. 
Maya was tuckered out by the time we got home!

Ryan finished our table!  Here it is completed:

Now what to do with the chairs?  

0 comments: