Maya is trying to crawl, but she has not figured out how to hold herself up to actually do it. She gets frustrated when she can't do something that she wants to.
Maya looking like an islander baby.
We went to the all horse parade for the Lehi Round-up with Tiffany, and my friends Kelsey, Benjamin, and their boy Samuel. We had tons of fun but my batteries died on my camera before the parade even started. Maya loved Tiffany's water bottle and worked at trying to get that for quite some time.
Success! (Too bad the cap is still on!)
Maya tried her first snow cone this week. She did not like it at first but after she thought about it, She decided she wanted more.
Don't forget I want more.
Ok, I'll just get it myself.
Success again! Too bad the cup was empty by then.
Saturday I was able to go to a glassblowing workshop at the Utah Arts Festival. That is something that is on my bucket list. I loved it. We made paper weights but we couldn't pick them up until today. Since we are going to Boise, Camie the art teacher I went with is picking mine up for me today. First you pick up the clear glass from the furnace. Then, you pick up your first color. Mine was yellow. Then, you put it into another oven and turn it until it melts. Then my next color was turquoise, (the one next to the dark blue) and lastly the blue. In the picture above I am picking up the blue.
Then you pinched the glass with these big iron pliers. I twisted mine as well. I ended up having to use two hands. When the glass starts to cool it is pretty heavy.
All pinched. The yellow turns orange while it is hot, but will turn back yellow after it cools. Finally it breaks off of the steel pipe and they used a blow torch to melt the bottom flat. Then it went in the freezer to cool. It takes 24 hours to cool. So much fun and so worth while. You might ask yourself why I would be wearing a Utes shirt. I will explain. You have to wear all cotton and long sleeve shirts for this. It was already hot outside but then you are working in with the furnace and oven, so it is even hotter. I don't have any long sleeve shirts that I would just wear on their own. I only have ones that I wear under things. So we went to Walmart and this shirt was on clearance and the only long sleeve shirt we could find. So no, I am not a Utes fan, I was just desperate.












0 comments:
Post a Comment