CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Independence Day

Ryan and I took our summer trip to Boise the last week of June through the Fourth of July.  We left on a Sunday night to try to work around Maya's schedule.  She hates her car seat, and I thought it would be easier if we drove during her regular bedtime.  Ryan took Kula out for a quick run on his bike before we left.  Kula has been out running all summer so it wasn't a big deal.  We couldn't afford to board him, so we wanted him tired for the the drive home.  Ryan called me and said that Kula had torn up his paws really bad, so Monday morning, we took Kula to his annual trip to the emergency vet.  He had to have 3 of his paws wrapped in gauze and wear this cone until his pads healed a little. The vet said that when the pavement is warm it tears the paws up faster.  Poor Kula! 
Tuesday, all the cousins came over to play.  They were all very gentle with Maya and really taken with her.  It was so cute!
All the cousins helping Maya play on her blanket.
Wednesday we went to the Birds of Prey with Eric and Lyndsay. 
Outside the peregrine falcons.
I talked Lyndsay into showing me the wingspan of the California Condor. 
Feeling all the different animal hides.  I think this one was a bobcat.

They had a bird show too.  Maya was not quiet at all so Ryan took her out and let me watch the show.  This is some kind of vulture I think.  Then the brought out a crow that hopped across Eric and Lyndsay to get a card from the boy next to me.  He also could pick up money and put it into the donation box. 
Wednesday night was Kres and Ella's last t-ball game.  T-ball for 4 and 5 year olds is very entertaining.  Amber did Maya's hair for her for the game.  Maya didn't seem to mind.  She loves Amber.
 The Lind Family 1st Annual Pinewood Derby was on Thursday.  Henry loved using it for his little cars while everyone set up.
 Dennis and Bryson are putting together the last stretch of the track.
All of the cars.  Mine is the pink one in  the back and Ryan's is the first one on the right.  I think the winner was next to Ryan, Bryson won with Eric at a close second.  Ryan, Elise and I were all in the loser round.  Elise beat us both, but I beat Ryan so I was satisfied.  Ryan's car beat Jared's, but it only had three wheels.
 Maya with almost all her cousins on the Lind side.  Henry was at the park I think.  I love this picture because Maya is trying to roll over Owen, and Hyrum just spit up.
Maya, Owen (6 weeks younger than Maya), Hyrum (4 weeks old, 4 months younger than Maya)
Brook flew to Boise on Friday and stayed the weekend so Maya finally got to meet all her aunts.  Kylee was too sick to see her when we went to Boise last, and Brook couldn't make in until this last weekend.  Maya was good for both of them, and Brook did all the things that are not my favorite to do, like giving Maya a bath.  I only remembered to take 1 photo of Kylee on the 4th and none of Brook so I hope she took some. 

Saturday we went jet skiing with Ryan's dad.  It was so fun and perfect weather. 

Sunday we had a big BBQ at my mom's house.  Kylee and Shane made pulled pork, baked beans from scratch, and shortcake.  It was really good.  Then we tye-dyed which turned out to be a little bit of a bust, but the kids had fun.

We didn't get the dye soaked in very well so the middle of everyone's shirts were white. 

For the Fourth of July, which is one of my favorite holiday's Ryan and I went to a pancake breakfast in the park with his parent's neighborhood.  Then mom and I bought material for Maya's sealing and blessing dress that mom is going to make for her.  We spent the evening with Ryan's parents and made it home in time for the last few fireworks.  Maya and Ella wore matching outfits for the 4th.

We had a fun trip and we love being able to be around family!

0 comments: