CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 24, 2011

6 Months Old

Maya is 6 moths old!  Wow does time go by fast.  She had her six month well baby appointment on Monday and she is currently 15 lbs 3 ounces, and 24 inches long.  Four more inches and she will be to long for her car seat!  She is a healthy little baby and is starting to cut her first teeth!

We have had a crazy week.  Monday I called my doctor because of some back pain.  I went to the doctor's and after a 10 second glance at the ultrasound, he sent me over to the hospital to be examined again.  The tech examined me and then said she is going to have the radiologist look at it right away.  Now that everyone had me thoroughly freaked out, she came back and said it was just cyst and we will wait and see.  Thurs. I went back to the doctor's and he said the cyst was 7cm in diameter on Monday and is now only 5 cm. I have to go back again on Tuesday to see if it has gone down more. They are going to monitor it, but until it goes away, I am going to be in a lot of pain, and boy was that doctor right!  So, for the most part, I have been laying around the house or in bed while Ryan takes care of Maya.  I really appreciate it because he never complains.  He just comes home from work and takes her, so I can lay down.  It is times like these that I wish I lived closer to home. 

Wednesday was our court date.  It was actually pretty short, 15 minutes or so.  Our lawyer was really nice and I had to answer all but like 3 questions, that Ryan answered.  The lawyer said it is cute if the wife forgets the wedding anniversary, but not if the husband does, so that is why I got picked to answer everything.  Our caseworker had to take the stand too.  Then the judge signed the papers and we are legally Maya's parents.  Next step is the sealing!
Our judge, Judge Taylor.
After we got home. 
Maya has been trying to crawl.  She grabs the blanket and will crawl with her arms, but leave her legs locked. It is kind of funny, but she will be crawling around any day now.  She was crying, but trying to smile for the camera in the above picture, hence the weird look on her face. :)  If she wants me to hold her, she started saying "mama" and will scoot over to me.  I am trying to teach her to say "dada" but the closest she has gotten to that is "baba". Ryan taught her to smack her lips and it is a fun game that the two of them play. 
This is her favorite way to be held right now.  She loves looking at everything upside down.  She loves to arch her back to do this, and today has arched her way out of her bumbo! 
Just relaxing in a bath.
She has been working on picking up crackers and putting them in her mouth, but she can only successfully get about 1 in every 15 in her mouth. 
She loves to ham it up for the camera.  This smile made me laugh!