CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Family Outing

When we got back from Boise, our backyard looked like a jungle.  The grass was so long, and we had a lot of sprouts of little trees from with our huge tree in the backyard.  We worked on the yard a little on Saturday and then noticed that our landlords had cleaned the gutters, fixed the swamp cooler, and a few other things while we were gone.  I was really excited about that.  We also qualified for the Utah Weatherization Program, so they will come and check out our townhome and help fix things to make our utilities be cheaper.  I am even more excited about that.  I want our house to be a little more insulated for winter for Maya.  When we finished on the yard, and Maya was up from her morning nap, we decided to take her to Bridal Veil Falls.  There were a million people there, and I was really shocked at how some people were letting their little children close to the river.  It is so fast, and Utah has had a lot of drownings in the last few weeks. 

Getting ready to walk to the falls.

There were too many people to really sit and enjoy being there, but we found this little space to let Maya try out the water.
She liked having her feet in the water.  I wish I could have waded out a little further with her.  Maybe next time. :)  Then we found a little shaded spot and just let Maya roll around in the grass before heading back home.
I love this picture.  Maya finally asleep, with her favorite blanket, with her daddy. 




0 comments: