This weekend I participated in the Women's Celebration race with Shauna and Elise (my mom in-law and sis in-law). I was really nervous about being able to find them downtown before the race happened and I started to second guess my decision to join them on this race. Then, right when I was beginning to think, maybe I should call Ryan and give up (yes, before the race even started, I am very apprehensive about getting out of my comfort level, especially when it involves exercising) at that very moment, Shauna called. She asked where I was, which was on the corner of Main and 8th, and it just so happened that Elise and her were right across the street from me! I told Ryan as corny as it sounds, I really think the Lord was helping me out a little. I don't think people really know how anxious I get when I do something I am not use to doing. Anyway, we did the non-competitive walk and it was really fun. I was really glad I did it. I had a lot of fun getting to spend some time with Shauna and Elise. It was also really neat to be with all these women participating in something. It was a great experience, and one I will do again.On another note, Ryan and I had to call the police again in our apartment complex because our neighbors don't get that we don't want to listen to there bass all day and all night. Ryan has gone over there three times last week, and finally had enough Saturday night. The police arrived in less then 5 minutes, which was really suprising on a non-emergency call. Ryan had to file a report so our lame apartment management will do something about the noise. Our neighbors got a ticket for disturbing the peace and a fine. So, I am sure they are happy to be living next to us! The police officer did say that our neighbors are not allowed to bug us about the ticket or it goes from a misdemeanor to a felony. I like our apartment, but our management company sucks.
Tonight I (with the help of mom) finished sanding the armoire, (my boss gave us furniture that we are sanding and staining to match our headboard) and it is now ready to be stained which I want to get done this week. Finally, the 1st of 4 pieces is almost done. We have been working on this since about August. It takes a little bit of time when you only have every other Saturday and when ever we have a free moment to work on it!




0 comments:
Post a Comment